X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rapcon View Post
    https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2...5/filmconvert/

Check halfway through the review...
    It might be only available in the Mac version, I couldn't find any option in the Windows version.

Regards Phil C.
    Ah!
    Sad news then...

On the help page for the standalone version there is a specific chapter on this. As you wrote only in the Mac version I guess:

http://www.filmconvert.com/help/1

Tab 1: XML / EDL import

You can use this feature to load a finished cut into FilmConvert, and render only the clips that were used. This saves time over rendering all footage prior to editing.

Please note, your complete timeline is not represented in Film Convert. This feature simply allows you to load the clips that are present in your timeline to simplify selecting the necessary clips.

The basic workflow is:

Export an EDL or XML from your editing software
    Import the EDL / XML into FilmConvert
    Color and render your footage
    Save a new version of your project in your editor
    Re-connect the rendered footage in the editor
    You can also render to DPX or TIFF and use the EDL / XML to create the timeline in external grading software. We won't cover that workflow here, but most of the same concepts apply.
    Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

Comment

Originally posted by Long John Silver View Post
      It would be nice having a direct feedback and a mini how-to for the Edius part.
      I never tried this EDL/XML export and import
      Maybe it the same settings that Grass Valley recommends for a round trip to Da Vinci or After Effects. There is a PDF document giving instructions, I tried it with After Effects & Premiere but I just directly use Film Convert in Premier Pro CC & then export GV Lossless back into Edius for editing. Decent plug-in support is sadly lacking in Edius...

Regards Phil C.

Comment

Originally posted by rapcon View Post
        I just directly use Film Convert in Premier Pro CC & then export GV Lossless back into Edius for editing. Decent plug-in support is sadly lacking in Edius...
        Hi Phil,
        Could you elaborate a bit on your workflow?

Do you grade the whole clips in Premiere/FC and then export them to Edius in GV lossless for editing?
        Basically do you use Premiere as host for Film Convert?

Thanks
        Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

Comment

Hi Phil,
          Could you elaborate a bit on your workflow?

Do you grade the whole clips in Premiere/FC and then export them to Edius in GV lossless for editing?
          Basically do you use Premiere as host for Film Convert?

Thanks
          Hi John yes that's basically what I do either lossless or GV HQ. It requires large drives for the intermediaries but makes cutting nice in Edius. I'm actually experimenting editing natively in Premiere Pro as I'm disappointed with the inadequate plug-in support in Edius (the OFX plug-in system is useless) & having to shuffle back & forth between Edius to Premiere & back to Edius. I want to use Edius 100% but I think Edius is basically a cutter's NLE, i.e TV stations, news editors, etc. For film makers gravitate towards Premiere, Avid & Final Cut Pro. I've been using Edius since V1, I know how awesome this program is but it's missing a few features in my book...
          End of rant.
          Yes mate, it works with exporting into a lossless/HQ file for easy editing in Edius...

Regards Phil C.

Comment

what is the problem
            why dont they support edius
            seavideo

Comment

Because Edius is a niche product. A good product but a niche product.
              Sad but true

Comment

Last Version Filmconvert OFX 2.12 work with gpu in realtime, nice. 2.05 only cpu((
                Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

Comment

2.05 and 2.07 will work in RT in 8 bit. You can do 10bit RT if you choose 50% resolution at the bottom of the OFX bridge.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                    2.05 and 2.07 will work in RT in 8 bit. You can do 10bit RT if you choose 50% resolution at the bottom of the OFX bridge.
                    you at the bottom of OFX bridge cpu or gpu? I have not put the GPU and is not realtime (
                    Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

Comment

Because Edius is a niche product. A good product but a niche product.
                      Sad but true
                      ??? You must be joking.
                      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by narik View Post
                        you at the bottom of OFX bridge cpu or gpu? I have not put the GPU and is not realtime (
                        When you apply the bridge, open it. Go to the bottom center. There is a drop down that will change the effect resolution. I have mine set at 50% and I get RT in 10bit. You have the same CPU and GPU that I have.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          When you apply the bridge, open it. Go to the bottom center. There is a drop down that will change the effect resolution. I have mine set at 50% and I get RT in 10bit. You have the same CPU and GPU that I have.
                          Thank you Jerry! after reinstalling Filmconvert 2.07 work in RT. and very stability! great!

Comment

Mastering Film Convert in Edius

Actually I have been using Film Convert in Edius & it's been fine. Since Edius has had the updated to the Primary Colour Corrector in combination with Film Convert I've been getting some good results. Oh and don't forget to use the vector scope! ;)

Regards Phil C.

Comment

Working...
                            X