Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Film Convert for Edius support?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Film Convert for Edius support?

    I would like that did support the plugin Film Convert for Edius, whether such?)
    Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

  • #2
    Originally posted by narik View Post
    I would like that did support the plugin Film Convert for Edius, whether such?)
    Why don't you contact the makers of Film Convert in New Zealand and ask them to make a plug in for Edius?

    It is the same with any 3rd party product, there must be a demand, and therefore a profit, first for the makers to make a plug in for Edius.
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
      Why don't you contact the makers of Film Convert in New Zealand and ask them to make a plug in for Edius?

      It is the same with any 3rd party product, there must be a demand, and therefore a profit, first for the makers to make a plug in for Edius.
      is it possible to use it through the Bridge, as well as Magic Bullet Looks. developers can make support?
      Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by narik View Post
        is it possible to use it through the Bridge, as well as Magic Bullet Looks. developers can make support?
        I contacted the makers of Film Convert on your behalf (and others). This was their reply....I hope it helps:

        "We have had quite a few requests for this now.
        We may look at that after the lightroom plugin is complete. No promises though :)

        Best Regards,

        Craig H
        The Film Convert Team"
        Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
          I contacted the makers of Film Convert on your behalf (and others). This was their reply....I hope it helps:

          "We have had quite a few requests for this now.
          We may look at that after the lightroom plugin is complete. No promises though :)

          Best Regards,

          Craig H
          The Film Convert Team"
          Thanks, good news)
          Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by narik View Post
            is it possible to use it through the Bridge, as well as Magic Bullet Looks. developers can make support?
            Could you elaborate a little bit? How do I use it through the Bridge?
            Which FC version? Standalone?

            Thank you in advance
            Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm also interested in integrating FilmConvert in Edius.

              Tried adding the plugin path (in my case, "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore") in System Settings, but it does not display as available under the "After Effects Plug-in" folder.

              I assume the plugin is too new/recent for my version of Edius(6.07).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Long John Silver View Post
                Could you elaborate a little bit? How do I use it through the Bridge?
                Which FC version? Standalone?

                Thank you in advance
                not is working.
                Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Today I received this answer:

                  Hi Manuel,
                  We are unlikely to develop a plugin for Edius in the foreseeable future.
                  Regards
                  Loren Brookes
                  Film Convert

                  www.filmconvert.com
                  MPPais

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats sad a lot of great programs are left out they do not want to support Edius. Its getting bad i can not color grade well at all in Edius as almost nothing is supported except Red looks that is over prices VS all the others.
                    System win 7 Pro
                    AMD FX 8350 Eight Core Processor 4.00 GHZ
                    8 GB of Ram, 64 bit system.
                    EVEA Geforce GTX 960 video card
                    Shoot with the Samsung NX1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just an Idea...

                      Film Convert works with DaVinci Resolve, which is FREE - so use Resolve as your finishing tool - I know its not plugged in to Edius - but hey its still workable.

                      Paul :-)
                      Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

                      1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

                      http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DigitalEd View Post
                        Thats sad a lot of great programs are left out they do not want to support Edius. Its getting bad i can not color grade well at all in Edius as almost nothing is supported except Red looks that is over prices VS all the others.
                        If you're having a hard time color grading in Edius, maybe you should watch the 5 part color grading tutorials from Matt Scott.
                        http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=23268
                        These are the second in that post. You will see the numbers 1-5.
                        This is how to use the program instead of plopping a premade 'Look' onto a clip. I agree that applying 'Looks' to a clip is much faster and easier, but what have you learned. These tutorials are full of information.
                        Last edited by Jerry; 04-19-2015, 07:14 PM.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                        Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Adobe After Effects

                          I'm starting to get into Adobe After Effects so I believe I'll just have to send out a video from Edius to AE for processing. I came so close in just switching to Premiere but found its interface clunky & slow. It's a shame we can't get real access to the popular plugins out there. My holy grail in editing is that film look...

                          Regards Phil C

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you google cinematic LUTs you will find lots of websites selling LUTs or Looks for editing software. Unfortunately you will need Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks to import these LUTs to Edius and everything must be render.
                            I think Matt Scott colour grading videos are fantastic but he admits himself the YUV curves aren't great in Edius. The Y curve (Luma) will also effect the colour saturation and the colour curves are only U and V colour difference instead of RGB. Edius does have a fantastic 3 way color correction in realtime but the contrast tones are limited.
                            Last edited by Green Grass; 05-19-2015, 11:07 AM. Reason: Correct YUV defination
                            Check out posts on this forum: Sync markers from PluralEyes version 3 or 4 http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...021#post280021 Syncing by Timecode with Tentacle Sync http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...330#post280330 Converting Sequence markers to Clip markers. http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...898#post281898

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Green Grass View Post
                              If you google cinematic LUTs you will find lots of websites selling LUTs or Looks for editing software. Unfortunately you will need Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks to import these LUTs to Edius and everything must be render.
                              I think Matt Scott colour grading videos are fantastic but he admits himself the YUV curves aren't great in Edius. The Y curves effects the colour and the colour curves are only U and V are color difference instead of RGB. Edius does have a fantastic 3 way colour correction in realtime but again the contrast tones are limited.
                              It's sad, I'm on a 30 day trial of Premiere & just last night tried it again relishing all of the plug-in support that Adobe has. It sad that marketing & perception conquers over software as Edius which is superior to Premiere. It's as frustrating as my experience with the Linux operating system: Linux Mint vs Windows. Windows is definitely flawed in its design, not as robust as most Linux OS but MS has a bigger marketing budget...
                              It's not what you know but who you know...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X