Is difficult to use DaVinci Resolve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is difficult to use DaVinci Resolve?

Hi, is there DaVinci Resolve pluging for Edius 7?
    How much is difficult to use it? Its interface is user friendly or is it necessary to study for it?
    Thanks
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/c/ExploringWorldA/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
    (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

No plug in. Search for an AAF workflow from Andy. Several threads. It has been announced that there will be a few changes with Resolve 11 coming out soon.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

You ask is it difficult to use. Maybe you should ask your self do I need it for what I am doing?

Honestly while it is a good free tool not many people really need it. It is mainly used because it is free. (with res limitation)
      Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

If you are used to an editing program you need to study for it IMO. Some of the logic is the same, some is different. Also it does not work with lots of different media - like most AVI files, for example, and is aimed at broadcast formats and HD and above - so although it does SD I have also had problems finding a format that will load into it.

The big question is why you would want to use it. It is primarily a grading program - so a way of treating your images to make them look better. It has a lot more tools than EDIUS and can do things like add masks which can track people across the screen so you could choose to brighten or sharpen a face, for example, and it would follow that face around as it moves.

But learning it is hassle, you have to mess around to get the edit from EDIUS to Resolve to do the grading, and you have to then send it back from Resolve to EDIUS, all of which takes time. Also EDIUS has a lot of good grading tools itself if you learn how to use them, and simple things like the auto balance controls in the three way colour corrector which sort out the colour balance really quickly (hardly any thing is Resolve is automatic).

Its a bit like comparing doing masks and effects in EDIUS to masks and effects in After Effects. I can do tons of stuff in EDIUS, but if I go to a dedicated effects program I can do more and better at the expense of time, hassle and having to learn more things.

There are a lot of free tutorials on YouTube which will help to get you started. I also found the user manual, which you can download from Blackmagic, very helpful and explains things like the colour parade scopes and how to use them. I did a short demo at an open day last year which you can see on YouTube where I tried to explain why you might use it in 20 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_8803gJr8

I am using footage from a Blackmagic Cinema Camera which is the kind of footage that really needs Resolve to make the best of it.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
        X