No announcement yet.

MBL 2.5 coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got looks 2.5 to work with edius 7.3 , i had to install it to CS6 instead of CS4 and show it in the 64bit(common folder) not the X86 one.
    Proud user of EDIUS!

Comment

Originally posted by baddgsx View Post
      i got looks 2.5 to work with edius 7.3 , i had to install it to CS6 instead of CS4 and show it in the 64bit(common folder) not the X86 one.
      Lucky you. As soon as I open th Looks GUI everything becomes extremely unresponsive and Edius will lock up.

Comment

The reason we currently advice to use the version on our compatibility list is that we are investigating issues with looks 2.5
        The Lock ups and unresponsiveness mentioned by Zorro are things we have also experienced.
        Remember that Looks 2.5 is just out and we Just released 7.3.

The current list of supported plugs is valid for 7.3
        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 04-25-2014, 05:36 PM.
        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

For a second i thought it was gonna work but....
          It seems i have the same problems as Zorro.
          I uninstalled MBL2.5 and now i am using 2.0 again (i really need MBL).

I made a screencapture before uninstalling to show what is happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYF8gekV-A

Sorry for my bad English ;)

Comment

I finally had a chance to test it some. I can open the Looks GUI and play in it all day long. The trick is to click on the EDIUS icon in the Task Bar after the GUI is open which seems to activate the controls (Thanks for that lucky find).

However, when I close that to go back into EDIUS, it crashes.

As Steve suggested, I am not surprised to see a problem when it is first announced. I am sure it will be looked (sorry, I could not resist) into.
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

What do we hope to further fix it
              Windows 10 x64, Edius 6.55, Edius 8 Pro, Intel 4790K, ASUS Z87-PLUS , DDR 32 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 780 , Apple Cinema Display 27, Canopus NX with Expansion kit

Comment

We'll just have to wait and see when/if the engineers can address/solve it.
                1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

To add to what Pat has posted we must not forget that both EDIUS 7.3 and Looks 2.5 are just out.
                  We have a finite amount of resources and our engineers will get to issues based on priority.

There is a working version of looks with EDIUS 7.3
                  Of course the issues with Looks 2.5 are noted and are being investigated.
                  For now please use the version which is on our compatibility list.
                  Thanks for understanding.
                  Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                  EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Working...
                  X