Vistitler vs After FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistitler vs After FX

What are the advantages of using vistitle over AFX for motion titles?
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

I used to use AE for titles. But being able to make titles as well as doing true 3D graphics, Vistitle has a definite advantage.
    This will mean 3d titles that adjust to perdpective in real time.
    Vistitle has a 3d modeler built in as well. It is not the equivalent of a true 3d modeler, but it is there.
    If you have used AE for a while, the interface will feel familiar.
    Lastly, the fact that Vistitle is a plugin allows you the ability to modify those titles on the fly as opposed to having to fix and export the title again.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-26-2013, 11:14 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

It may be a psychological thing but what I love the most about VisTitle ist picture quality. Titles never looked so good.

Comment

Vistitle works inside EDIUS as a plug-in with lots of quick templates you can drag on to the timeline. It has particle effects which After Effects does not have and I like using. It is easy to use and you can make some fairly good titles just by adjusting the templates.

After Effects does a lot of other stuff but I struggle to make it do some of the things I can do quickly in Vistitle. Also going to another program (After Effects) and then exporting videos is a pain, making multiple titles all based on the same one is a lot easier in Vistitle. One thing I do is make a sales presentation for video shows I do which consists of lots of titles showing prices and information. For one show I did the lot in After Effects and it worked, and looked good and took about an hour and half to render the entire thing. I did the same in Vistitle this year and it was far quicker and mostly realtime.

Vistitle is £200 to £240 (if you want it with the extra plug-ins). After Effects is either £700 or £20 per month using the Cloud.

I am a reseller and sell both and also use both programs. I use Vistitle for titles and After Effects for effects.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
          Vistitle works inside EDIUS as a plug-in with lots of quick templates you can drag on to the timeline. It has particle effects which After Effects does not have and I like using. It is easy to use and you can make some fairly good titles just by adjusting the templates.

After Effects does a lot of other stuff but I struggle to make it do some of the things I can do quickly in Vistitle. Also going to another program (After Effects) and then exporting videos is a pain, making multiple titles all based on the same one is a lot easier in Vistitle. One thing I do is make a sales presentation for video shows I do which consists of lots of titles showing prices and information. For one show I did the lot in After Effects and it worked, and looked good and took about an hour and half to render the entire thing. I did the same in Vistitle this year and it was far quicker and mostly realtime.

Vistitle is £200 to £240 (if you want it with the extra plug-ins). After Effects is either £700 or £20 per month using the Cloud.

I am a reseller and sell both and also use both programs. I use Vistitle for titles and After Effects for effects.
          David,
          thanks for you input.
          tdtinker
          3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
          1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
          New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
          Edius 8.5
          www.actvp.com

Comment

Don't forget the subtitle editor in Vistitle.
            It can load & export subtitle scripts easily, the render quality is great.

Andreas
            Andreas Gumm
            post production / authoring
            PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
            ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
            Windows 7 Ultimate,
            GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
            GV hardware: 3G Storm
            software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
            PC 2
            Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
            Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,