Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisTitle Problems

Hi All,
    Back in April, I purchased VisTitle. I currently use Edius v6.55 and VisTitle v2.5.0.0 on my desktop and notebook PC both running win7 64 bit, and have installed VisTitle on both however the problem is Edius continually crashes if I don’t have the VisTitle usb dongle on the machine even if I don’t want to use, or have a vistitle file used in the current edius project. Is there a way around this?
    Is it possible to get an extended licence to use VisTitle on 2 machines with the same serial?

Thanks in Advance

This is a known issue with Vistitle 2.5.0 in Edius 6.5x. This will more than likely be one of the fixes in the next update. Don't ask me when that will be.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      This is a known issue with Vistitle 2.5.0 in Edius 6.5x. This will more than likely be one of the fixes in the next update. Don't ask me when that will be.
      Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the info. It's good to know this problem is an issue already identified. I contacted the retailer about this and their response was "We’ve been using VisTitle for quite a while now and haven’t had this problem on any of our computers. Have you tried re-installing Windows from scratch?"

I really wanted to avoid re installing windows on 2 pc's if I wasnt even sure it would solve it.

Hopefully as you said this will get fixed ASAP. Do we have people from VisTitle visiting these forums? Maybe this sort of feedback with encourage them to fix it.

Thanks again.
      Emmanuel

Comment

Did you try rolling back to Vistitle 2.35?
        It's not possible to get an 'extended license' for 2 machines as Vistitle is a single license that can be used on only 1 machine at a time. If you need 2 licenses then you would need to purchase a second copy.
        DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

simply rename the vistitle plugin on the machine without the dongle and vistitle will not load and cause crashes

then when you need it, rename it to its original name
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Yes, we are sorry, it is a known BUG in VisTitle 2.5. It could be fixed in next release.

For work around it temporary, use the methods Anton said, to rename the VtEDIUSImporter7.tpi files in your EDIUS\Plugin folder.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              simply rename the vistitle plugin on the machine without the dongle and vistitle will not load and cause crashes

then when you need it, rename it to its original name
              Hi Anton,

that sounds like a good idea... thinking outside the box will solve this for me at least temporarily.
              Thanks and to all others who made suggestions.

Comment

test on
                german win_7 prof 64 bit
                german localized Edius 6.55
                VisTitle installed, but dongle not insert

rename the filename (like picture_1) => did not work
                it crash Edius ditto with the "error module" mfc100u.dll

rename the file-extension => solve the problem (picture_3)
                remove the file-extension => solve the problem

so you need not absolute to move the file to your desktop,
                but you can do it => it solve ditto the problem
                Attached Files
                CentralEurope aka Hans
                voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
                i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
                [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

when I refer to renaming a file I mean like this:

before:
                  whatever.tpi

after:
                  whatever.tpi-old
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by CentralEurope View Post
                    test on
                    german win_7 prof 64 bit
                    german localized Edius 6.55
                    VisTitle installed, but dongle not insert

rename the filename (like picture_1) => did not work
                    it crash Edius ditto with the "error module" mfc100u.dll

rename the file-extension => solve the problem (picture_3)
                    remove the file-extension => solve the problem

so you need not absolute to move the file to your desktop,
                    but you can do it => it solve ditto the problem
                    Yes, we should rename file extenstions to disable VisTitle plugin. If only rename the file name, it will not work.

Comment

Working...
                    X