Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vistitle 2.5 / strange lines on top and bottom from objekts / user error ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX Chen
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    in EDIUS preview, the color matte pure white and the vistitle pure white both measure the same value of 235

in vistitle however, the rectangle white appears much brighter than the color matte white
    In VisTitle, the video background from EDIUS (Y 235) is converted from YUV to RGB, we will check how it was converted. Maybe there is some problems.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    in EDIUS preview, the color matte pure white and the vistitle pure white both measure the same value of 235

in vistitle however, the rectangle white appears much brighter than the color matte white
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• VX Chen
    replied
    About 255 pure white, for send yuva output to EDIUS, VisTitle will convert these RGB color to YUV color with "0-255" mapped to "16-235" algorithm automatically, this is for avoiding super white and super black, and it is default behaviers, could not be controled by user option.

Do you think it is necessory to open the option to let user to control ?

Leave a comment:

• VX Chen
    replied
    The strange lines is created by current VisTitle "deflicker" algorithm, in PAL or NTSC SD video format, "deflicker" could avoid graphics(or text) flicking in hardware output.

There is a option to cancel "deflicker", please see attached pictures.
    1) In EDIUS, double click any vistitle title clip to enter into mini editor dialog, "Ctrl+Shift+O" to get option dialog.

2) In VisTitle, "Ctrl+Shift+P" to get video format settings dialog.

To cancel "deflicker", select general deflicker or small text deflicker to "none ".

This is a temporary workaround way to avoid "strange lines", our engineers will try to fix this algorithm to avoid this issues asap. Sorry for this troubles.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    this is a vistitle bug

I can confirm your findings

Leave a comment:

• Vistitle 2.5 / strange lines on top and bottom from objekts / user error ??

Vistitle 2.5 / Edius 7.01 / win_7+SP1 german / 1080i 25 (old name 1080 50i) project / overscan 0%

create a colormatte 235/235/235 in Edius on VA_1
    create a object with 255/255/255 in vistitle set it to VA_2

on bootom and top from the objects are coming out strange lines
    these lines are ditto in exported files available
    the 255/255/255 are correct converted (not clipped) to 235/235/235 on the timeline
    you can not find one point 255 with the vectorscope....
    look at the attachement_1

for better to see the the original- form from the objects
    look at attachement_2 ... here it is the color from objects in Vistitle set to 237/237/237

Is this my user error, have I forgotten some basic setting to make ??
    or can this anyone confirm??

If i try the same in the poor GV Quicktitler .... no strange lines on any part from the object
    a other difference is .. in Quicktitler I have the color set to 235/235/235 instead of 255/255/255 in Vistitle
    for identity color with the Edius 235/235/235 colormatte.

If I set in quicktitler a object to 255/255/255 ... it is clipped for the timeline view to 235
    but 255 is visible with the vectorscope

thanking you in anticipation for some clear up words / or some confirmation
    Attached Files
Working...
X