Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vistitle 2.5 / strange lines on top and bottom from objekts / user error ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistitle 2.5 / strange lines on top and bottom from objekts / user error ??

Vistitle 2.5 / Edius 7.01 / win_7+SP1 german / 1080i 25 (old name 1080 50i) project / overscan 0%

create a colormatte 235/235/235 in Edius on VA_1
    create a object with 255/255/255 in vistitle set it to VA_2

on bootom and top from the objects are coming out strange lines
    these lines are ditto in exported files available
    the 255/255/255 are correct converted (not clipped) to 235/235/235 on the timeline
    you can not find one point 255 with the vectorscope....
    look at the attachement_1

for better to see the the original- form from the objects
    look at attachement_2 ... here it is the color from objects in Vistitle set to 237/237/237

Is this my user error, have I forgotten some basic setting to make ??
    or can this anyone confirm??

If i try the same in the poor GV Quicktitler .... no strange lines on any part from the object
    a other difference is .. in Quicktitler I have the color set to 235/235/235 instead of 255/255/255 in Vistitle
    for identity color with the Edius 235/235/235 colormatte.

If I set in quicktitler a object to 255/255/255 ... it is clipped for the timeline view to 235
    but 255 is visible with the vectorscope

thanking you in anticipation for some clear up words / or some confirmation
    Attached Files
    CentralEurope aka Hans
    voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
    i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
    [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

this is a vistitle bug

I can confirm your findings
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

The strange lines is created by current VisTitle "deflicker" algorithm, in PAL or NTSC SD video format, "deflicker" could avoid graphics(or text) flicking in hardware output.

There is a option to cancel "deflicker", please see attached pictures.
      1) In EDIUS, double click any vistitle title clip to enter into mini editor dialog, "Ctrl+Shift+O" to get option dialog.

2) In VisTitle, "Ctrl+Shift+P" to get video format settings dialog.

To cancel "deflicker", select general deflicker or small text deflicker to "none ".

This is a temporary workaround way to avoid "strange lines", our engineers will try to fix this algorithm to avoid this issues asap. Sorry for this troubles.
      Attached Files

Comment

About 255 pure white, for send yuva output to EDIUS, VisTitle will convert these RGB color to YUV color with "0-255" mapped to "16-235" algorithm automatically, this is for avoiding super white and super black, and it is default behaviers, could not be controled by user option.

Do you think it is necessory to open the option to let user to control ?

Comment

in EDIUS preview, the color matte pure white and the vistitle pure white both measure the same value of 235

in vistitle however, the rectangle white appears much brighter than the color matte white
          Attached Files
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            in EDIUS preview, the color matte pure white and the vistitle pure white both measure the same value of 235

in vistitle however, the rectangle white appears much brighter than the color matte white
            In VisTitle, the video background from EDIUS (Y 235) is converted from YUV to RGB, we will check how it was converted. Maybe there is some problems.

Comment

Working...
            X