trouble finding Vistitle 2.5 in Edius 6.55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble finding Vistitle 2.5 in Edius 6.55

I am running Edius 6.55 and just upgraded to Vistitle 2.5. Downloaded it and put in the serial number and installed it. I see the stand alone 2.5 but do not see it in Edius 6.55.
    I read the Vistitle PDF and don't see any special instructions. Its says----

Launch EDIUS 6.0X, EDIUS6.5X, or EDIUS 7, click “Tools” in the menu bar, then click “EDIUS Title Templates Library” or just press the shortcut keys: Ctrl + F12

However when I look there I see no Vistitle or Edius Title Templates.

Is there a step I am missing?

Jim

Are you running Windows 8?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

No Windows 7 64bit.

Comment

Do you have an anti virus installed? If so, turn off the anti virus and try installing as administrator.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Which Vistitle version did you upgrade from?
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by dreaux View Post
            I am running Edius 6.55 and just upgraded to Vistitle 2.5. Downloaded it and put in the serial number and installed it. I see the stand alone 2.5 but do not see it in Edius 6.55.
            I read the Vistitle PDF and don't see any special instructions. Its says----

Launch EDIUS 6.0X, EDIUS6.5X, or EDIUS 7, click “Tools” in the menu bar, then click “EDIUS Title Templates Library” or just press the shortcut keys: Ctrl + F12

However when I look there I see no Vistitle or Edius Title Templates.

Is there a step I am missing?

Jim
            Do you have use the latest VisTitle 2.5 installer in www.vistitle.com ?

Can you make sure there is a VtEDIUSImporter7.tpi files in Edius plugin folder?

If that tpi is not there, then maybe when installing, some anti-virus program had killed that file. Try to close it, and reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Which Vistitle version did you upgrade from?
              Vistitle 1.5

Comment

edius.JPG
                Originally posted by VX Chen View Post
                Do you have use the latest VisTitle 2.5 installer in www.vistitle.com ?

Can you make sure there is a VtEDIUSImporter7.tpi files in Edius plugin folder?

If that tpi is not there, then maybe when installing, some anti-virus program had killed that file. Try to close it, and reinstall.
                Yes I have the latest Vistitle 2.5 for the Vistitle site. I have disabled my anti-virus program and reinstalled Vistitle 2.5 rebooted and checked in Edius 6.55 and still it's not there. I do have VtEDIUSImporter7.tpi in the plug in folder.
                Not sure what is going on.

Comment

http://c3.safenet-inc.com/downloads/...er%207.5.8.zip

This is the latest dongle driver. It is worth trying.
                  Last edited by Jerry; 09-25-2013, 04:56 PM.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Just one thing tho if the OP is using 6.55 shouldn't the tpi be for 6.5?

I don't a have 6.55 installation but I think that since 6.5 is 32 bit a 6.5x tpi should be in the plug-in folder not a 7 tpi which is for 64 bit.
                    It could be that the wrong version was chosen at installation.
                    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

That is a good point I missed that. I downloaded the latest Vistitle 2.5 but in the Vistitle PDF is says 2.5 is for 6.x 6.5x and 7.
                      It did not give me a choice while installing Vistitle 2.5, it just installed.

Jerry I did update the driver you gave me and still no Vistitle.

Vistitle did give me 2 serials numbers, one for full install and one for upgrade.
                      I used the upgrade since I have 1.5 on my machine. Do you think that could have had any effect?

Comment

I think it is the tpi.
                        What I would recommend is download the full installation of 2.5.
                        Open your current installation go to about and copy the serial number and paste it in notepad.
                        Then uninstall vistitle. Go to the plug-in folder and make sure the EDIUS 7 tpi is removed.
                        Use the full installer which I know for 100% will give you a selection.
                        Select EDIUS 6.5
                        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                          I think it is the tpi.
                          What I would recommend is download the full installation of 2.5.
                          Open your current installation go to about and copy the serial number and paste it in notepad.
                          Then uninstall vistitle. Go to the plug-in folder and make sure the EDIUS 7 tpi is removed.
                          Use the full installer which I know for 100% will give you a selection.
                          Select EDIUS 6.5
                          Ok, I will try that. If I am not mistaken I did download the full version of Vistitle 2.5 and installed that and now I no longer have 1.5 on my machine. Vistitle 2.5 uninstalled 1.5. I only needed the 1.5 serial to buy 2.5.

I will uninstall 2.5 and re install that. Vistitle sent me 2 serials, one for upgrade and one for full install at least thats what it said.

It did not give me any choice for what Edius I have so not sure I can select Edius 6.5.

If this does not work I might have to wait until I get Edius 7 which I am getting as soon as they send me a link to download 7. I bought 6.5 in the time window that allows me to upgrade to 7 for free.

Comment

Did all you suggested and Edius 6.55 still does not see Vistitle.
                            Not sure what to do next. Wish Vistitle had a support number.

Comment

I have just installed Vistitle 2.5 on a system with EDIUS 6.55 and it turned up immediately. The plug in is called VtEDIUSImporter7.tpi, even though it is in EDIUS 6.55.

You say there is nothing under tools (the template library etc) what about when you click the T button on the timeline, is Vistitle listed?

I had a problem with the title template library in EDIUS 7/Windows 8, that seemed to be caused by premissions and Vistitle needing to be run "as administrator" so something similar could possibly stop the template library appearing in Windows 7 (maybe). However I still had Vistitle listed on the "T" button on the timeline and could use it.

Other questions (the answer to which may or may not help):
                              • Are you logged on as administrator?
                              • What graphic card are you using and with which drivers?
                              • Have you tried deleting your user profile and setting up a new one (sometimes fixes odd things)
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X