Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lewis
    replied
    I assumed with XP support shortly to end it may have not been supported in 2.5

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That is the key. Supplying the proper serial number. There have been many disappointed users when they supplied the serial from the dongle and not the serial from the about page. My original dongle was from version 1.
    After supplying the serial, the new dongles just worked.

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    With version 1 the dongle had to match the version installed - so if you plugged in a different dongle Vistitle would not work. With version 2 you seem to be able to use any dongle once Vistitle is installed (rather like EDIUS used to).

Of course upgrades are from 1 to 2, so you would need the dongle to match the installed software. We do upgrades here and we definitely prefer the "copy" method. If you supply us the wrong number and we then produce an upgrade for that then it can be a complete mess.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Yes, that is true. Then those dongles should not work on my existing serial, right?

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    They would have different serial numbers compared to your original dongles, but the tags attached to the new ones will match the serial number of the dongle they are attached to

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Both of the dongles sent to me as replacements had two different serials than my original. I just plugged the new ones in and kept going.

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    As I said earlier, I totally agree with using that method, what I was querying was why you would think they would send out a replacement dongle with a tag that doesn't match the internal number?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The Vistitle engineers have recommended using the copy and paste method for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Since there may be a human factor involved I wouldn't trust the tag, either. Stick to the software read out procedure and you can't be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    Whilst I agree with always using the copy method I'm not sure why the number on the dongle tag wouldn't match unless you've physically swapped them over with another one. If your dongle dies and has to be replaced then a new dongle would be sent out and would have a new matching internal and external serial number.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Always use the copy and past method. The number on the dongle may not match the actual serial that is appled. This is the case when you have had your dongle replaced.

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    Also just to clarify, the dongle would have come with a tag attached which also has a copy of the serial number on it, although using the copy and paste method from inside the software is the best way to do it because if you send in the wrong number Vistitle will send back an activation code for the number you send in and won't refund it if it's wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dreaux
    replied
    Turns out I already had installed Vistitle 1.5 as a stand alone, so I was able to get the serial number in the 'about' pulldown.

Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by dreaux View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy the Vistitle upgrade from 1.0 to 2.5.
    I went to safe harbor and saw it there but it wanted an existing serial number which Vistitle does not have since it uses a dongle.
    If you want to copy your serial, go to the upper right hand corner of the Vistitle desktop. You will see a dropdown with a double arrow icon. Click this. A panel will pop up with Hot Key, Help and About listed on it.
    Click the About button. On the panel that opens up you will see your serial number and a button that says 'Copy Serial Number.'
    When clicking this your serial number is copied to the clipboard. You then can paste it wherever you want.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Ah that was not clear from the first post. Don't know if that will work to be honest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X