Where to buy Vistitle 2.5 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Vistitle 2.5 upgrade

Does anyone know where I can buy the Vistitle upgrade from 1.0 to 2.5.
    I went to safe harbor and saw it there but it wanted an existing serial number which Vistitle does not have since it uses a dongle.

Vistitle has a serial number.
    Run it in stand alone go to about and you will see the serial number. You can copy it (with copy serial number) and paste it in notepad.
    It is also on the card attached to the dongle btw.

But copying it is faster.
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Ok thank you. I will try that. When I tried to install 1.5 earlier it could not find Edius, since I am running 6.55. I will see if I can install it as a stand alone.

Comment

Ah that was not clear from the first post. Don't know if that will work to be honest.
        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by dreaux View Post
          Does anyone know where I can buy the Vistitle upgrade from 1.0 to 2.5.
          I went to safe harbor and saw it there but it wanted an existing serial number which Vistitle does not have since it uses a dongle.
          If you want to copy your serial, go to the upper right hand corner of the Vistitle desktop. You will see a dropdown with a double arrow icon. Click this. A panel will pop up with Hot Key, Help and About listed on it.
          Click the About button. On the panel that opens up you will see your serial number and a button that says 'Copy Serial Number.'
          When clicking this your serial number is copied to the clipboard. You then can paste it wherever you want.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Turns out I already had installed Vistitle 1.5 as a stand alone, so I was able to get the serial number in the 'about' pulldown.

Thanks all

Comment

Also just to clarify, the dongle would have come with a tag attached which also has a copy of the serial number on it, although using the copy and paste method from inside the software is the best way to do it because if you send in the wrong number Vistitle will send back an activation code for the number you send in and won't refund it if it's wrong.
              DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Always use the copy and past method. The number on the dongle may not match the actual serial that is appled. This is the case when you have had your dongle replaced.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Whilst I agree with always using the copy method I'm not sure why the number on the dongle tag wouldn't match unless you've physically swapped them over with another one. If your dongle dies and has to be replaced then a new dongle would be sent out and would have a new matching internal and external serial number.
                  DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Since there may be a human factor involved I wouldn't trust the tag, either. Stick to the software read out procedure and you can't be wrong.

Comment

The Vistitle engineers have recommended using the copy and paste method for quite some time.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

As I said earlier, I totally agree with using that method, what I was querying was why you would think they would send out a replacement dongle with a tag that doesn't match the internal number?

Comment

Both of the dongles sent to me as replacements had two different serials than my original. I just plugged the new ones in and kept going.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

They would have different serial numbers compared to your original dongles, but the tags attached to the new ones will match the serial number of the dongle they are attached to

Comment

Yes, that is true. Then those dongles should not work on my existing serial, right?
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X