Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisTitle 2.5 Template missing on some config.+ workaround

Edius 7.0 (build 940) and full activated
    VisTitle 2.50 .... last download ...adapted 2.50 version ( file changedate 06.08.2013 21:22)
    logged in to the OS: as Administrator

Problem: No Template Librany available

Contact to VX Chen, over a friendly Austrian reseller => fast response from VX Chen (thanks for this)
    can reproduce it, and his provisional workaround:

start Edius per contex on the Icon with => As Administrator execute (german: Als Administrator ausführen)

It is a bit different between Windos_7 and Windows_8

Windows_7:
    it is enough, to set the UAC-settings to bottom ... like pict: UAC bottom setting
    (like position 6 on Windows 7 64bit Performance Improvement [Antons] Tips for EDIUS users )

Windows_8:
    It needs absolute to run EDIUS as Administrator

My adapted workaround, behind to keep and tested the above info:

Set in one step on EDIUS-Icon (or EDIUS.exe) per => Properties / Compatibility
    the "Privilege Level" to >run this programm as administrator< ... like the pict: EDIUS Properties

works in Windows_7 and in Windows_8

over the friendly Austrian reseller I hear the information, this will evantually changed in one from the next Vistitle updates

PS: only for german User:
    this info is ditto available on the germans forum as "sticky" in the column: EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products
    Attached Files
    CentralEurope aka Hans
    voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
    i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
    [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Thanks your pictures guide.

Yes, VisTitle 2.5 latest full installer have this old issues, in some system, we need administrator right to run VisTitle or EDIUS to avid template library empty.

Our engineers is looking for this old and new issues :), if we have solution, we will update installer again.

Sorry for these inconvenience, it can be fixed as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks.... for the fast and clear statement

I will it translate and transfer to the german forum, to your "fan`s" in this speech area....

PS: about pictures guide ...
      I have learned for to transfer a "thought" fast and without ambiguity ...
      one optical visible picture (or diagram / or schema) tells more and better as 1.000 (linked) words
      CentralEurope aka Hans
      voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
      i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
      [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

With a 'properly' configured Win 7 setup, you will probably not need to use Admin to install. There will always be exceptions. But no matter what, Win 8 will require the Admin rights to install not just Vistitle but anything.

Also, continue to download Vistitle with a download manager for either OS.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          Also, continue to download Vistitle with a download manager for either OS.
          Since 2.50 it is possible to download VisTitle from a different server (hosted by MagicMultiMedia, GV distributor for the DACH region). No need for a download manager.

Comment

I would still use the download manager if you are using Win 8. I tried my first download that I used without the download manager on my Win 8 install and Admin rights and it failed. It worked fine on my Win 7 installation. After downloading it again, with a download manager, it worked along with using Admin rights during install on Win 8.

I'm not saying it is one way or another. It is just another precaution. There are many steps to get things to work on Win 8.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

With a 'properly' configured Win 7 setup, you will probably not need to use Admin to install.
              yes ... absolutely correct,
              properly set up, like the link in my post #1 ... to Antons site
              but, please tell my a Grass Valley document for 'properly' configured Win 7 Setup for Edius

the Story begin here (in german speech area) with some user who run in this Problem,
              with the same "unproperly" Setup on win_7, who runs past Versions of VisTitle without this problem

some user live not on the Forums, like I and maybe you ?? :))
              they buy an read maximal the Grass Valley document`s ... and on the Forums you will see this poeple not before a problem come up.

all the best from ....Central€urope....
              Last edited by CentralEurope; 08-12-2013, 11:20 AM.
              CentralEurope aka Hans

Comment

but, please tell my a Grass Valley document for 'properly' configured Win 7 Setup for Edius

This is where a system integrator comes into play. If you are building your own system it is your responsibility to do all of the research. While there may not be a white paper from GV on how to setup Win 7 or Win 8 for that matter,
                there are numerous websites that have detailed explanations on how to set up a Win 7 system for power users. Included in this is Anton's website with the basic setup panels that will get you going.

Once again, if you are building your own, this is the part of building a computer that takes time and patience. As newer hardware comes out, you have to keep up on all of the issues.
                This means a lot of reading.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X