No announcement yet.

proshow gold questin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use proshow gold and producer. Both programs are fantastic, although producer offers more effects and control. Neither allows you to properly set and monitor audio levels :(. Also, I find that producer will make my music slowly increase in volume through each song. Strange phenomonem that tech support doesn't have an answer to. The program serves its purpose though and does a fine job at throwing together a quick photo montage.
    Edius 6.5, Storm Mobile, Intel i7-3820 3.60Ghz, 16 GB DD3 1600 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX670, Viewsonic VX2770Smh 27" Monitor. Prevail Elite SSD 120gb -SATA 6Gb/2, Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Comment

Now that I managed to trash my Imaginate CD I need to buy a replacement. I too am looking at ProShow either Gold or Producer.

Sorry if it has been covered before but what are the significant differences between the two that would effect my use in combining on a timeline in Edius?
      Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
        Now that I managed to trash my Imaginate CD I need to buy a replacement. I too am looking at ProShow either Gold or Producer.
        The German GV distributor and his dealer network still have Imaginate 2 in stock. If you have your serial number they may also be able to replace your disk.

Comment

And you often can find Imaginate on auction sites; e.g., EBay.

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post

Sorry if it has been covered before but what are the significant differences between the two that would effect my use in combining on a timeline in Edius?
            I do not think you can integrate pro show onto an edius timeline. You can, however, make an mp4 or other file output and use it in edius. I will often do this when I need to work with my audio levels since proshow does not offer a precise method of adjusting and MONITORING audio levels. Proshow producer offers more transitions and effects, and key framing. I take advantage of the effects.
            Edius 6.5, Storm Mobile, Intel i7-3820 3.60Ghz, 16 GB DD3 1600 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX670, Viewsonic VX2770Smh 27" Monitor. Prevail Elite SSD 120gb -SATA 6Gb/2, Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Comment

I wasn't referring to including the project file like you could in Imaginate. Just video files of the show added to the timeline.

Thanks for the comparison of the two offerings.
              Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Ezra View Post
                I use proshow gold and producer. Both programs are fantastic, although producer offers more effects and control. Neither allows you to properly set and monitor audio levels :(. Also, I find that producer will make my music slowly increase in volume through each song. Strange phenomonem that tech support doesn't have an answer to. The program serves its purpose though and does a fine job at throwing together a quick photo montage.
                You might take a look to see if there are keyframes on the audio track causing the volume to rise.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I have been experimenting with ProShow Producer for a few hours and I have to say it is quite a nice program. Simple to use and with lots of options to get what I am looking for in my slide shows.

It is much better than ProShow Gold I think but of course it should be as it costs much more!

Now I just need to buy some music.

Comment

Aha ! I was not aware that there were "Audio" Keyframes in Producer. I will check further into this. I hope it is that simple :-) Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X