X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodpike
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    If you have a specific effect request, send me a PM and I will probably include it in the package.
    PM sent. Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That is exactly my plan.

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    If you have a specific effect request, send me a PM and I will probably include it in the package.
    Hi Jerry,
    I am only an occasional user of the more advanced effects within Vistitle,(such as the one we have all been working on!) but I am sure you will be snowed under with features and content requests from other users, ranging as you say, from simple to advanced.

This programme is stunning and to have a tutorial based on our real everyday requirements, must surely receive a very hot reception!!

Will you be producing this as a purchasable download?
    Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    hey Jerry, that sounds like something that will be veeeeery useful. Bring it on- can't wait!!

Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I am currently working on a Vistitle Tutorial package that will go from the extreme basics to somewhat advanced.

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    the thing is, asking for solutions that seem so obvious to other more experienced users of a particular piece of software is always a bit humbling because you feel like a bit of a twat. But this great forum always supports and educates. And sometimes the off the wall questions help us all. I love this place! (not quite at the end of the world but I can see it from here!)
    Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Glad you were able to get it to work. Time to move to 2.5.0.

Spooky that no other users of v2.35 have come across this anomaly though.

It's probably two things:
    1. That effect was not needed
    2. More over converting to path is never used as is boolean.

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    SOLVED!

Jack, thankyou for that. It works perfectly using your method. V2.35 cannot use boolean xor with text unless the text is converted to a path group object first with ctrl+P.

Now I can get some sleep! thanks to all who have worked for me on this. I was trying to find 6th gear in a box of 5!! Spooky that no other users of v2.35 have come across this anomaly though.

Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• VX Chen
    replied
    Originally posted by rodpike View Post
    Yes, if the wizard of Aus can't fix it I guess I'm in trouble! Thanks for all your efforts Anton, as usual greatly appreciated.

Jack, any thoughts on why the Boolean operation sees rectangles and any shape OK but none of my fonts? My version is 2.35

Cheers!
    Rod
    please try to do this, select the text object only, and then Ctrl+P, which will convert the text object to a path group object, then select it and rectangle, make boolean xor.

2.35 maybe did not support a text + rectangle, you have convert it to a path firstly, then make boolean.

At least, 2.5 support make boolean with a text directly.

(I just check our development log, yes, from 2.5, Vistitle can make boolean with text object directly, 2.35 have not this features. This new feature is not listed in 2.5 release note.:( )

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    Yes, if the wizard of Aus can't fix it I guess I'm in trouble! Thanks for all your efforts Anton, as usual greatly appreciated.

Jack, any thoughts on why the Boolean operation sees rectangles and any shape OK but none of my fonts? My version is 2.35

Cheers!
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    to be honest, I never tried this in your exact vistitle version

maybe Jack from vistitle knows something?

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    Thanks Anton, I am now completely at a loss. As I have discovered this process works perfectly on two rectangles but will not work with any of my fonts. So the fonts or their settings seems to be the problem but I have no idea where to go next.

I have made sure all the vistitle settings are at default, to try and eliminate any weird changes that may have occurred but there is no difference. So , as it worked on your system with my font Is it the software?- but then it works on non font items.
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I tested your title and it works fine
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rodpike
    replied
    UPDATE: This Boolean operation works with two rectangles perfectly, but not with any of my fonts!!

so is there a setting somewhere that changes the type of font so that it is suitable for Vistitle? There is nothing special about my fonts , most are standard with a few loaded in over the years. Even arial doesn't work so it must be a setting somewhere.

Rod

Leave a comment:

Working...
X