vistitle stencil effect on strapline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that one fails to open after rename

can you attach it again, this time with original name and just add .zip to the end of the file name

so that xxxx.vtlayout will read xxxx.vtlayout.zip
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Right, try this one. I saved the last one as a project , so sorry about that.
      Rod
      Attached Files
      Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
      A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

UPDATE: This Boolean operation works with two rectangles perfectly, but not with any of my fonts!!

so is there a setting somewhere that changes the type of font so that it is suitable for Vistitle? There is nothing special about my fonts , most are standard with a few loaded in over the years. Even arial doesn't work so it must be a setting somewhere.

Rod
        Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

I tested your title and it works fine
          Attached Files
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton, I am now completely at a loss. As I have discovered this process works perfectly on two rectangles but will not work with any of my fonts. So the fonts or their settings seems to be the problem but I have no idea where to go next.

I have made sure all the vistitle settings are at default, to try and eliminate any weird changes that may have occurred but there is no difference. So , as it worked on your system with my font Is it the software?- but then it works on non font items.
            Rod
            Rod Pike

Comment

to be honest, I never tried this in your exact vistitle version

maybe Jack from vistitle knows something?
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, if the wizard of Aus can't fix it I guess I'm in trouble! Thanks for all your efforts Anton, as usual greatly appreciated.

Jack, any thoughts on why the Boolean operation sees rectangles and any shape OK but none of my fonts? My version is 2.35

Cheers!
                Rod
                Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
                  Yes, if the wizard of Aus can't fix it I guess I'm in trouble! Thanks for all your efforts Anton, as usual greatly appreciated.

Jack, any thoughts on why the Boolean operation sees rectangles and any shape OK but none of my fonts? My version is 2.35

Cheers!
                  Rod
                  please try to do this, select the text object only, and then Ctrl+P, which will convert the text object to a path group object, then select it and rectangle, make boolean xor.

2.35 maybe did not support a text + rectangle, you have convert it to a path firstly, then make boolean.

At least, 2.5 support make boolean with a text directly.

(I just check our development log, yes, from 2.5, Vistitle can make boolean with text object directly, 2.35 have not this features. This new feature is not listed in 2.5 release note.:( )

Comment

SOLVED!

Jack, thankyou for that. It works perfectly using your method. V2.35 cannot use boolean xor with text unless the text is converted to a path group object first with ctrl+P.

Now I can get some sleep! thanks to all who have worked for me on this. I was trying to find 6th gear in a box of 5!! Spooky that no other users of v2.35 have come across this anomaly though.

Cheers!
                    Rod
                    Rod Pike

Comment

Glad you were able to get it to work. Time to move to 2.5.0.

Spooky that no other users of v2.35 have come across this anomaly though.

It's probably two things:
                      1. That effect was not needed
                      2. More over converting to path is never used as is boolean.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

the thing is, asking for solutions that seem so obvious to other more experienced users of a particular piece of software is always a bit humbling because you feel like a bit of a twat. But this great forum always supports and educates. And sometimes the off the wall questions help us all. I love this place! (not quite at the end of the world but I can see it from here!)
                        Cheers!
                        Rod
                        Rod Pike

Comment

I am currently working on a Vistitle Tutorial package that will go from the extreme basics to somewhat advanced.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

hey Jerry, that sounds like something that will be veeeeery useful. Bring it on- can't wait!!

Cheers!
                            Rod
                            Rod Pike

Comment

If you have a specific effect request, send me a PM and I will probably include it in the package.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                                If you have a specific effect request, send me a PM and I will probably include it in the package.
                                Hi Jerry,
                                I am only an occasional user of the more advanced effects within Vistitle,(such as the one we have all been working on!) but I am sure you will be snowed under with features and content requests from other users, ranging as you say, from simple to advanced.

This programme is stunning and to have a tutorial based on our real everyday requirements, must surely receive a very hot reception!!

Will you be producing this as a purchasable download?
                                Cheers!
                                Rod
                                Rod Pike

Comment

Working...
                                X