No announcement yet.

vistitle stencil effect on strapline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry that is exactly what I wanted. I didn't know about the Boolean action- however, I still can't duplicate your example as the Boolean sub menu (Xor etc) are all greyed out. I have duplicated everything on your video exactly but I must have a setting wrong somewhere, or have missed an action.

What I am doing is:
    draw rectangle
    enter text- choose white and align on rectangle
    group using elastic band
    open up drop down menu by right click on text
    scroll down to Boolean- open up sub menu----all greyed out and I can go no further. Have I missed a step somewhere? I have gone through your example frame by frame and I think I have it all.
    Rod
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

click the title, then ctrl+click the bg banner, then right click and the options will work
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton, the Boolean submenu is still greyed out. I have tried my vistitle freestanding as well , just in case it was something in Edius that I have wrong, but still no-go.

I have also changed the test project setting in 1920 1080p and I. just in case it was a format thing, but no luck. anything else I can try? thanks to all for your support on this.
        Rod
        Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

Ok watch this:

Vistitle Cutout 2.wmv
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

be sure the title layer is below the rectangle

click mouse below title layer and drag rubberband upwards until both items are selected, see here

then right click anywhere in the rectangle
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Jerry, Anton,
              Followed your instructions to the letter- the Boolean sub menu is still greyed out. This is going to be something really silly but OK I'm prepared to look daft (had a lot of practice over the years!)!!

So could you give me the best way to upload a video to show you exactly what I am doing? although I believe it is identical to what you have shown me.
              Rod
              Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
                Hi Jerry, Anton,
                Followed your instructions to the letter- the Boolean sub menu is still greyed out. This is going to be something really silly but OK I'm prepared to look daft (had a lot of practice over the years!)!!

So could you give me the best way to upload a video to show you exactly what I am doing? although I believe it is identical to what you have shown me.
                Rod
                Please make sure to select both object, then right-click to get context-menu.

Boolean operations need two or more object, if select only one object, the menu will be always gray.

Comment

just hit reply and click go advanced, then at bottom click manage attachments, attach the mp4 screen capture, or wmv
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi VXChen, yes I understand and have followed all of these instructions to the letter- lassoing both items then right clicking to call down the menu.

I have also used Anton's suggestion of selecting the title first , then ctrl click the rectangle- The both show as two frames as per all your demo videos (thanks for those) but when I click the boolean call out- it is greyed out, even though the word "Boolean" isn't.

I have to solve this because the boolean solution is so elegant- far better than my chromakey route.
                    Rod
                    Rod Pike

Comment

which version vistitle?

the new 2.5 available since today is now compatible with 6.08 and is free for all 2.0 or later versions
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Anton, I'm v2.35- but the boolean process worked in this though surely? I have got something set wrong somewhere and will look appropriately stupid when it is found but I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for the info on uploading- I followed the earlier guidance on that- but I have to admit that my problem is not knowing how to capture a screen video of what I am doing so that I can post it as you have.
                        Rod
                        Rod Pike

Comment

you can use Snagit (try it and if you like it, buy it)
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi, here is a screenshot of the last stage of the menu selection- the Boolean choices are greyed out. Hope there is enough detail.
                            Rod
                            Attached Files
                            Rod Pike

Comment

can you attach the title file here

rename it to title.zip and attach

I then rename it back to title.vtlayout and see what is going on
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks Anton, I hope this has transferred OK
                                Rod
                                Attached Files
                                Rod Pike

Comment

Working...
                                X