vistitle stencil effect on strapline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vistitle stencil effect on strapline

hi, I want to lay a title over a video and have the video showing through the title. The title will lay on a coloured strapline. ( I do not want to encapsulate a video in the text, I can do that using the convert method in the bin described previously here.)

My method has been to set the text in a colour (say green) and place it on a different coloured strapline rectangle (say grey). Then I place a full frame rectangle behind these, also in the green of the text.- then save.

When pulling this title in to Edius I have then applied the chromakey filter and keyed out the green of the background and the text, allowing the video to show through the title. It works ,but I was wondering if there is an easier way- (newish to vistitle- have the manual but couldn't find an elegant method anywhere.)

hanks for any input guys.
    Rod
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

is there a screenshot example to show what you mean exactly, then we can provide the vistitle steps
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I think attached picture is your wanted effect?

1) Prepare a video file
      2) Prepare a title clip, it only have a text object, and have only a face property with pure white color
      3) In EDIUS bin, select video and title clip, then right click mouse, select "alpha matte" menu, composite the video and title clip to a new video
      4) Drag the new video to timeline
      5) Make a same title clip, but it only have a text object which have only a white color outline property, put this title overlay that new video
      6) Get the attached picture effect.

Hope my steps is clear for you. :)
      Attached Files

Comment

hi Anton,
        yes I can recreate my test image- will have to look up best way to post- not sure on that, having never done it- any best guidelines? (sorry to be cheeky)
        cheers
        Rod
        Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

Track Matte will put the video inside yout text very easily. Background goes on the bottom track, white title on the second track and video that you want inside the title on the top track. Apply Track Matte to the Keyer track of the top video clip.
          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Hi again,
            VXchen, thanks for that but it is not quite what I am trying to do. Anton +GV, thankyou- I have not explained this very well have I. I will post a screenshot as soon as I can find out how to do it- searching the forum now, I know the info is there somewhere! Thanks for your continued help.
            Rod.
            Rod Pike

Comment

I think the effect Rod is looking for is a title-generated "solid block" with "punched out" letters - it's a stencil like you would use for painting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi GV-BH- yes! that is pretty much it, but with the video playing full screen as the background- so looking through the letters, which are on a coloured band full width strapline in place of the cloud in your sample. Could you advise how to attach a screenshot of what I have please?
                Rod
                Rod Pike

Comment

Go Advanced, then click Manage Attachments to get the pop-up to attach a file.

Comment

Great! here goes. I have achieved this by using chromakey but it isn't the cleanest of results.
                    Rod
                    Attached Files
                    Rod Pike

Comment

Is this what your are looking to do?

Vistitle cutout.jpg
                      Last edited by Jerry; 08-08-2013, 10:53 PM.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Jerry, yes exactly that. What was your method?
                        Rod
                        Rod Pike

Comment

Watch the video:

Vistitle cut out.wmv
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                            Watch the video:

[ATTACH]9885[/ATTACH]
                            Yes, use Boolean operation of VisTitle !

Comment

See, I remember a lot of what you taught me :) Those NAB sessions we have are not wasted my friend!
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X