Adding New Blue Noise Reduction Stops Preview from Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding New Blue Noise Reduction Stops Preview from Running

I have Edius 6.08. Just purchased New Blue Essentials II today. Added Noise reduction to a 1-1/2 hour long clip and when it is not activated, the preview window displays fine. When I activate the plugin, the preview window stops completely. Have used the New Blue sharpen filter with no problem.

Computer: Zeon 6-core, nVidia Quadro 4000 video card, 16 gigs ram.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

The noise reduction plugin works absolutely fine in Sony Vegas.

Does anyone use this plugin?

Comment

Do you have the latest nvidia drivers?
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
        Do you have the latest nvidia drivers?
        Yes, just installed them two days ago, in addition to many other computer updates.

I sent a support request to New Blue and this was their response:

My email:

"Just purchased your Essentials II package. In Edius 6.08, the preview window stops when I add noise reduction. I have Windows 7 and a new Zeon 6-core computer with 18 gigs of ram. Thanks...Alan"

Their response:

"What do you mean by "stops". It may take a little time for each frame to draw. I certainly will not be "real time". That is probably the most intensive effect we have and it does take some time to process the entire frame. You might try pre-rendering that section and then it should playback smoothly."

How can one use the Edius preview window with a noise reduction plugin without being able to see the results? By real time, I mean just watch the video run in the preview window. If I want to make tweaks to the plugin setting, I would like to see the results play in the preview window.

I'm confused with their response.

I know it will certainly take longer to render the video but I just want to see the results before I render.

Thanks...Alan

Comment

Got a response back from New Blue.

"Do all your adjustments looking at a single frame. Then pre-render that clip and the preview will be smooth."

I googled the term pre-render, searched on this site for "pre-render."

How do you pre-render in Edius 6? Searched the manual and found nothing.

Thanks...Alan

Comment

Hold Shift and then Spacebar
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Place in/out on the area required and press ahift + Q this will place a new clip above which will then play RT
              System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
              Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
              Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

I love this forum.

It takes 7 minutes to render 20 seconds of video for preview.

I'm using a Dell Precision T3600, Xeon 2650 6-core processor 3.2 GHz with hyper threading. Edius sees 12 processors when I boot up.

Just for comparison, does using Neat Image with newer versions of Edius take a similar amount of time to render video?

With my 1-1/2 hour video it is projected to take 44 hours to render.

Comment

Why would you want to render the whole 1.5 hours ?
                  System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                  Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
                    Why would you want to render the whole 1.5 hours ?
                    The timeline consists of AVI clips my daughter shot when she was young while playing in the basement, one with not much light.

I figured I would apply noise reduction to the entire timeline.

In Sony Vegas, using the New Blue plugin I had no problems with the preview window or rendering in a reasonable amount of time.

I normally do not use Vegas but since the plugin installs in both software packages, I chose to render the AVI files in Vegas thinking the plugin was not working at all in Edius.

Now I know it works, just really, really, slow.

Should have downloaded a trial first.

Alan

Comment

from memory, the newblue filters have an enable GPU option, then it will render way faster

can you check if it is enabled
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        from memory, the newblue filters have an enable GPU option, then it will render way faster

can you check if it is enabled
                        Do you have any idea where I would check for this?

Comment

from memory, you click the ?

if you can't find it, I will boot from 6.54 and check
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

its under th i button
                            but i have found on most occassions disasbling gpu gives better performance

Comment

Well, for me, it was money I wish I had not spent. I had Neat Video and Vegas 8.0.

Converted some old AVI footage from the Vegas timeline, added some Neat Video, and burned with Edius.

Outcome was fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X