AGC for Edius 6.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGC for Edius 6.52

Now that we upgraded from 5 to 6 we took a step back with our filter selections. I can't figure out how to get the AGC filter among others back. Which plugin if any has this? It used to be Izotrope I think.
    Joe Oliverio
    Oliverio Productions
    "When a snapshot in time just isn't enough"
    6455 Almaden Expressway #102
    San Jose, CA 95120
    408-268-4000
    www.oliverioproductions.com

you can place the normalize clip tool on the timeline toolbar, then select a clip and click the tool, if the resulting level is good, all is well, if not, click it again and roll the mouse wheel to a different level, keep doing until happy

the purchase voxengo elephant and apply it to the clip, set output gain to -6 and input gain to 8

this will give you an overall louder sounding clip and it will prevent clipping at -6db
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      you can place the normalize clip tool on the timeline toolbar, then select a clip and click the tool, if the resulting level is good, all is well, if not, click it again and roll the mouse wheel to a different level, keep doing until happy

the purchase voxengo elephant and apply it to the clip, set output gain to -6 and input gain to 8

this will give you an overall louder sounding clip and it will prevent clipping at -6db
      Not sure what you are getting at here. How do you put the normalize function on the timeline toolbar? And how do you adjust it while the clip is playing? I am not familiar with this functionality of this function.

I have used this in the past by opening the normalize function from the clip dropdown menu, then adjusting the value up or down and then playing the clip. I think all it does is move the rubber band though and does not act anyway like an AGC. Am I wrong?
      Joe Oliverio
      Oliverio Productions
      "When a snapshot in time just isn't enough"
      6455 Almaden Expressway #102
      San Jose, CA 95120
      408-268-4000
      www.oliverioproductions.com

Comment

Normalize increases or decreases db level without altering rubber band, you will see the changes by the waveform height

you add it to timeline toolbar in user settings, user interface, button, timeline

you are correct, it is not an automatic gain control

for that you can use a free tool called levelator

the IZOTOPE plugins we had in E6 have now come back to live and ship for free with Soundforge 11, but you can't us them in EDIUS
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

AGC

Yes that was Izotope

Their Ozone range works well in Edius 6x and they have a maximiser with TV levels selectable as a preset leaving the audio output limited at minus 12dB. For YouTube most people run at minus 3 or 6dB you can just adjust that by moving the output slider up and add any input gain as required.

Its not however a freebie as they were before but very good
          Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
          X