Edius 6 and New Blu FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 and New Blu FX

I've been using New Blu FX plugin with Edius 6 with no issues. Just using it to adjust the contract and exposure. The latest project I am editing is having some issues though.

When I apply an effect and then play that footage on the timeline, it puts what looks like a motion blur over the video as it plays. When it's still it looks fine. I outputted some test footage with the effect and it's fine. So it's just the preview that looks off. Has anyone seen this before? I've never had it do this with a project before.
    Motion Art Cinematography

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I7 4.2ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Gold Coast, Australia

I have the same problem so I dont use it

Comment

If you are seeing a problem, contact New Blue and report it.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerfboy View Post
        I've been using New Blu FX plugin with Edius 6 with no issues. Just using it to adjust the contract and exposure. The latest project I am editing is having some issues though.

When I apply an effect and then play that footage on the timeline, it puts what looks like a motion blur over the video as it plays. When it's still it looks fine. I outputted some test footage with the effect and it's fine. So it's just the preview that looks off. Has anyone seen this before? I've never had it do this with a project before.
        Hi Nerfboy,

Can you please tell me which product / effect(s) of ours you're having these issues with?

Comment

I am using New Blu Film Effects with Edius 6.08

Like I said before I've never had an issue and all I am doing is changing the contrast and exposure of some of my footage. When I add the effect and preview the clip I see the motion blur which is quite noticeable. When the video is paused it looks fine and when I output it.

I am nearly finished with the project so I am have a look at the final DVD when it gets burned to see if the blur stays.

Gold Coast, Australia

Comment

Can you check something for me? If you open the controls for the NewBlue effect you're using, near the bottom of the control window should be an entry that says "Preview Resolution." Is that set to 100%? If not, try setting it to 100% and see if that fixes the problem.

If you're still seeing the issue, would it be possible to send a screenshot or video of what you're seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by NewBlue_MJ View Post
              Can you check something for me? If you open the controls for the NewBlue effect you're using, near the bottom of the control window should be an entry that says "Preview Resolution." Is that set to 100%? If not, try setting it to 100% and see if that fixes the problem.

If you're still seeing the issue, would it be possible to send a screenshot or video of what you're seeing?
              That was it! Somehow the preview resolution was set to 50% and that was giving it the motion blur look. Thank you so much for that.

Gold Coast, Australia

Comment

Great! Glad to hear it was a simple fix.

Comment

Working...
                X