Can't edit Vistitle clips in Edius 6.5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't edit Vistitle clips in Edius 6.5.3

Made a roll in Vistitle. Placed it on the timeline. Now when I double click the graphic the mini viewer comes up. When I click the button to jump to the full Titler the screen turns translucent white over Vistitle and the cursor starts to spin. Eventually it says Edius is not responding. I have uninstalled java, Security Essentials, Defender is not on. I have tried to reinstall the last full version of Vistitle and it is still doing it. It seems as soon as Vistitle starts everything gets slower. If I try to edit the roll in the mini viewer, just deleting one character takes 12 seconds. Any ideas???
    EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
    EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

open Task Manager and view the memory consumption of EDIUS and Vistitler at the time of opening the roll title

are you able to create a new title? if so, does it open correct then?

I have found if the roll is really long and you have it set to render by character, you can run out of memory and it is very sluggish

you can try setting it to word by word or line by line
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      open Task Manager and view the memory consumption of EDIUS and Vistitler at the time of opening the roll title

are you able to create a new title? if so, does it open correct then?

I have found if the roll is really long and you have it set to render by character, you can run out of memory and it is very sluggish

you can try setting it to word by word or line by line
      Able to create new titles. CPU is at 1% and physical memory is at 56% of 6Gb of memory.

Where do you make the word by word change?

UPDATE: Figured out the render by character. Still very slow trying to bring up the full editor from the mini editor in Vistitle
      Last edited by digitalgecko; 06-06-2013, 10:34 PM.
      EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Originally posted by digitalgecko View Post
        Able to create new titles. CPU is at 1% and physical memory is at 56% of 6Gb of memory.

UPDATE: Figured out the render by character. Still very slow trying to bring up the full editor from the mini editor in Vistitle
        try line by line
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by digitalgecko View Post

Do you have try another title layout intead of your roll title ?

I want to known it is always slower in your computer or just that roll title?

Comment

Originally posted by VX Chen View Post
            Do you have try another title layout intead of your roll title ?

I want to known it is always slower in your computer or just that roll title?
            Other titles seem to be fine. Issue is with the roll titles. Since going with character by character render the main editor is still slow to open (about a minute or so) but once opened editing the title is normal. Before it would take 12 to 15 seconds to type one letter. So, it's better now. I will try Anton's advice on line by line render and see if that helps any more. Question: would adding more memory beyond 6 Gb help?

Comment

You could also try updating to Vistitle 2.3.5.0 and see if that helps.
              DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Working...
              X