Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can vistitle animate colour changes?

Hi all,
    Making great progress with vistitle and have achieved far more than I thought I would at this early point in the learning curve.

However, what I want to do is very simple but I cannot achieve it. I want to change a colour of an arrow shape over a keyframed period- say starting red and ending green. This is for animating fluid flow. I am fine with creating and animating objects using keyframes, it is just the colour change I can't do. Any advice welcome. ( I am assuming that vistitle can keyframe colour changes of course)

Cheers Guys
    Rod
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

one quick way with timeline control would be to save your red one as a new name and add it above the existing title on a V track and change its color to green

now add dissolve to keyer track and drag it for the entire width of the keyer track
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton, thanks for that, yes I actually went through that doubling up procedure but assumed I was missing something far slicker in the programme.

With all the smart things this programme is capable of I was hoping that "click keframe colour to red" and later "click keyframe colour to green" in the translate track would work- ideally with a blend at the transition. But from your knowledge it seems it can't do this?
      Rod
      Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
        Hi Anton, thanks for that, yes I actually went through that doubling up procedure but assumed I was missing something far slicker in the programme.

With all the smart things this programme is capable of I was hoping that "click keframe colour to red" and later "click keyframe colour to green" in the translate track would work- ideally with a blend at the transition. But from your knowledge it seems it can't do this?
        Rod
        VisTitle could not do color keyframe for objects, so, you have to do two objects in VisTitle timeline to get same result, one is red, another is green. It is ok for your requirments?

Comment

You can try this method to get what you want. It will require you having the 2D Path to 3D plugin. You can do it all within Vistitle and one layer:

Keyframed Color Change.wmv

If you do not have this plugin, the 2 layer method within Vistitle looks like this:

2 layer color change.png
          Last edited by Jerry; 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thankyou Anton, Jack and Jerry. I have a way forward. I realise I am trying to achieve an AE effect here , but I dont have AE so this advice will get me where I need to be using Vistitle.
            Cheers!
            Rod.
            Rod Pike

Comment

outcome good!

Hi all,
              well this was my solution, using duplicate images and changing the top layer to red and shortening and staggering the positioning. The client loved it, so thanks all.
              http://youtu.be/BejF68e_z-I
              Rod Pike

Comment

Working...
              X