Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris Red (demo) - Edius 6.08 freeze

Hi,

because I wanted to test if Boris Red 5 (demo) does perform faster than on my old system, I installed it on my new System - but in dual monitor configuration Edius 6.08 freezes.

In detail: Z77-Board, Intel 3770k, main screen connected to an ATI HD Sapphire Radeon 7850 1GB, second screen connected to the onboard Intel-grafics 4000 (I want to have both grafics active because of quick sync and GPU-Rendering).

Curious problem:
    • When I start Red 5 demo standallone - it works.
    • When I start with the Edius-PlugIn by double click in Edius on the secondary screen - Red cannot start and Edius freezes.
    • When I move the clip properties Window in Edius to the main screen and double click there to start Red - it works!
    What's wrong?

At my old system (ASUS P6T & ATI 4570) a double click on the secondary screen did open the Red window (at main screen) correctly.

What I already did: update the ATI-drivers, update the Intel-grafic drivers, both screens to the ATI (Intel G4000 deactivated), both screens to the G4000 (ATI removed) - no success. When I work only with 1 screen - the plugin starts Red correctly.

Thx for input.
    Video14
    Last edited by Video14; 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM.

Was the HD 4000 driver the last driver installed?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV

If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Yes - I updated the driver to v 9.17.10.2932 from 12/12/2012 (the last one). But as I wrote: the problem does also exist when connecting the 2 screens to the ATI HD 7850 (by deactivated HD 4000).

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Video14 View Post
        What I already did: update the ATI-drivers, update the Intel-grafic drivers, both screens to the ATI (Intel G4000 deactivated), both screens to the G4000 (ATI removed) - no success. When I work only with 1 screen - the plugin starts Red correctly.
        Additional - I updated the BIOS to the last version.

And I did additional tests - summary:
        • RED starting with the link on the desktop -> OK.
        • RED starting with the link on the desktop, pulling the RED-window to the second screen & closing it there (the next time RED should open the window there) -> RED crashes at the next start
        • Starting RED with the Edius-plugin with double click on the main screen -> OK.
        • Starting RED with the Edius-plugin with double click on the second screen (RED should open the window at the main screen) when a RED-filter was new added to the clip -> RED does not come up, Edius freezes.
        • If the RED-filter was already added to the clip at earlier time (main screen) - double click to start the plugin at the second screen opens the RED-window at the main screen correct.
        It seems to be a bug in the RED demo. Why this bug did not occure at the test with my old system is curious.

Thx
        Video14
        Last edited by Video14; 03-09-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X