Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vistitle 2.1 understanding of formats

Hi all,
    Right, confessions first- I have just purchased 1vistitle 1.5 and updated to 2.1, and I have never used vistitle before, nor have read the 408 page manual yet.

I am sure it is a fabulous programme but I have 2 early learning questions:

1. have been playing with the animated movie bit of the templates and cannot understand that all the animations are listed as progressive and are completely garbaged on replay unless I individually change them to upper field first. Then they will replay quite reasonably, but only in an i project setting. That is , they will not entertain being played in any P setting.

2. If I pull any animation onto the "title " track , the animation is at least half the size of image when pulled onto a video track.

I have tried starting Vistitle as a freesatnding item and setting the format to 1920/1080/p and various other formats but this "movie" template is only happy with "I " settings.

Happy to look stupid ( a way of life it seems these days!) if someone can enlighten me.
    cheers!
    Rod

I am sure the answer is in the manual somewhere but I cannot find it at the moment and would welcome some feedback.
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

1) I didn't test this before. Can't test before monday, maybe thuesday.

2) I recommend you never use the T-track for titles if you import titles doesn't match project dimension.
    Since the layouter can be applied just to video tracks, better place your titles in a video track.
    A title will be displayed in T-track in its native resolution.

I have killed the T-track from my workflow & from all of my project templates due to its limitations.
    The T-track is a relict related to past times & versions.

Andreas
    Andreas Gumm
    post production / authoring
    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
    GV hardware: 3G Storm
    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
    PC 2
    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
    Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
    GV hardware: HD SPARK
    software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Thankyou Andreas. Here is an update: Discount my earlier post as it was factually incorrect>This is what is actually happening:
      The movies in the template open up as a progressive file if pulled into a progressive project- but they are completely trashed and un-usable when played. However if the properties of the movie are switched back to upper field, they play fine.

So I think I have learnt that they are native upper field first and when pulling them in to a progressive project, they must be switched back to UFF in their properties.

If that is the case I wonder whether there is a way to keep them from changing to progressive? Ho hum, so much to learn. It certainly is a versatile programme , I can,t wait to get my head around some of it!
      Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

can you provide the ID of such an animation so I can try
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton,
          yes, In Edius 6.08
          tools/Edius template library/movie/then any of movie1/2/3 group.

They seem to change to progressive when being pulled in to any progressive timeline. Altering the individual animation properties once pulled in, to UFF makes them work as they should.
          Rod Pike

Comment

I am using 6.52 and all animations come in as progressive if I use a progressive project and they play as smooth as to be expected in a jitter vision project setting, changing to upper field makes no difference

they play totally smooth in a 50i project and come in as upper field first

next time I fire up 6.08, I will test and compare
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi again Anton,
              Ah- that doesn't sound like good news for me. If I can get confirmation from you or other 6.08/ vistitle 2. users that this problem does not occur, I may have a corrupt v2 download. (but I do hope not!)
              thanks for your input.
              Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
                Thankyou Andreas. Here is an update: Discount my earlier post as it was factually incorrect>This is what is actually happening:
                The movies in the template open up as a progressive file if pulled into a progressive project- but they are completely trashed and un-usable when played. However if the properties of the movie are switched back to upper field, they play fine.

So I think I have learnt that they are native upper field first and when pulling them in to a progressive project, they must be switched back to UFF in their properties.

If that is the case I wonder whether there is a way to keep them from changing to progressive? Ho hum, so much to learn. It certainly is a versatile programme , I can,t wait to get my head around some of it!
                Sorry, the movie in the preset/movie class are all field base, so they are not correct in a progressive project.

These movie are from image sequence, were compressed by MvMaker, the image source are field base, then movie is.

All the layout templates are vector based, they are format independent, and will be correct in any video format.

Comment

Hi VX Chen,
                  Thanks for the timely reply but I have not got my head around this yet.
                  Anton says that the movies are pulled in correctly whatever the project setting are, and regardless of selecting UFF or progressive, but he is testing with Edius 6.5X and I am using Edius 6.08. (these are the results I would have expected.)

You appear to be saying that they are indeed UFF and will not be correct in progressive. (but Antons results contradict this.)

Any further enlightenment for me please? I currently shoot in progressive and having to change the animations to UFF to get them to work is not a big problem, I just wanted to make sure I had not got a corrupted download, as my results are very different to Antons'.
                  thankyou for your response.
                  Rod
                  Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
                    Hi VX Chen,
                    Thanks for the timely reply but I have not got my head around this yet.
                    Anton says that the movies are pulled in correctly whatever the project setting are, and regardless of selecting UFF or progressive, but he is testing with Edius 6.5X and I am using Edius 6.08. (these are the results I would have expected.)

You appear to be saying that they are indeed UFF and will not be correct in progressive. (but Antons results contradict this.)

Any further enlightenment for me please? I currently shoot in progressive and having to change the animations to UFF to get them to work is not a big problem, I just wanted to make sure I had not got a corrupted download, as my results are very different to Antons'.
                    thankyou for your response.
                    Rod
                    I think Anton' meanings is the layout template, they are all vector based templates, when they are put to timeline, we will convert them to suitable with your project format.

But, the movie presets in Movie class, they are image sequence based, and they are all field based.

Do you want to use those movies in your project?
                    Which one? We can send progressive movie to you.

Comment

Hello again VX Chen,
                      Thankyou for your reply. I was more concerned that I had a corrupted download. As a brand new and totally ignorant user of Vistitle I have much to learn here, and am getting the manuals printed off for training reference..

And thankyou for the offer of the movies as progessive. I can see a use for most of them at some point but don't need any at the moment as I am only just starting with this package, so I wouldn't want to put you to any trouble.

They look pretty good when changed back to UFF even in a progessive video, providing they are kept quite small.(however, left in progressive mode they are pixellaled and flashing coloured overlays, which I assume is caused by playing them in the wrong format,although I have never seen anything as severe before)

I can't be the only user who would like them in UFF and progressive though, perhaps they could be added in both formats to the next update? By the way, I see you have just launched V2.3 update. It doesn't state that it is compatible with Windows 7 but I assume it is?

Thankyou for your amazing support here, both to me and everyone else.
                      Cheers!
                      Rod
                      Rod Pike

Comment

Yes it is compatible with Win 7
                        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

thanks GV-PS- update installed!

having only purchased this a couple of days ago, I have gone through updates V2,V2.1 and V3 without ever using the product yet!
                          Cheers!
                          Rod
                          Rod Pike

Comment

Jump IN! It has a bit of a learning curve but this is the best Titler I have used in the last 10 years easy. It is amazing what it can do and you can see how responsive they are for suggestions. I wish I could spend about a week with VX and really learn from the master. Every time I get a little time to sit down and play with it, I find out something else it can do. Love these guys!
                            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

With you there GV-PS. Incredible response from VX Chen. The long serving contributors who support this forum are what makes it the best out there.

And I just have to say that it staggers me sometimes the length that other members will go to in trialling someone elses problem to find a solution. (even when it is sometimes a simple answer!)

To totally misquote Julias Ceasar, " Those who are about to help, we salute you!
                              Cheers!
                              Rod
                              Rod Pike

Comment

Working...
                              X