Color Fast new blu fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Fast new blu fx

any one try this plug in it look like some thing i would need.
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Cache 105W Processor
    SSD: 512GB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
    850 power suply
    32GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz
    ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming AM4 ATX
    EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER GPU
    Windows 10 Pro
    HDD: 8TB (8TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

Originally posted by dhardjono View Post
    any one try this plug in it look like some thing i would need.
    Hi Dhardjono,

I'm glad to hear that you're interested in ColorFast. Why don't you check it out for yourself? We have a trial version that you can use for free for 30 days:

http://newbluefx.com/product/colorfast

(Just click the "30 day trial" link)

There are also a couple of introductory videos and a tutorial on that page that you can take a look at.

Comment

I try the trial

I like it very much is there a video tutorial for edius i saw one for final cut
      AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Cache 105W Processor
      SSD: 512GB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
      850 power suply
      32GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz
      ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming AM4 ATX
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER GPU
      Windows 10 Pro
      HDD: 8TB (8TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

Comment

My Goodness! New Blue in Realtime?

This looks like something I may use a lot -

Well done!

Paul :-)
        Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Guys, I have been using ColorFast since they brought it out. I use it in 3D to boot. It is bar none, FANTASTIC. Great control and the ability to shift Highs, Mids or Lows with out affecting skin tone is just this side of amazing. It is a must have for color correcting and creating 'looks'.
          Al Caudullo
          3DGuy & Digital Samurai
          Explore TV Productions
          Edius 3D Grass Cutters Training
          3DGuy Consulting & Training
          www.3dguy.tv
          Las Vegas, USA & Bangkok, Thailand

Grass Valley Edius Computer Spec
          Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth X79
          Chip - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930 CPU
          Windows 7 Professional
          64-bit Operating System
          Ram - 64 GB DDR3
          Main Drive - OCZ-AGILITY3 SSD HD
          Graphic Cards - NVIDIA Geforce GTX770 4GB DDR5 RAM

Comment

Originally posted by NewBlue_MJ View Post
            Hi Dhardjono,

I'm glad to hear that you're interested in ColorFast. Why don't you check it out for yourself? We have a trial version that you can use for free for 30 days:

http://newbluefx.com/product/colorfast

(Just click the "30 day trial" link)

There are also a couple of introductory videos and a tutorial on that page that you can take a look at.
            Does the 30 day trial allow you to render the effect? Whenever I close the dialog box the correction disappears.
            EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
            EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Originally posted by digitalgecko View Post
              Does the 30 day trial allow you to render the effect? Whenever I close the dialog box the correction disappears.
              Yes, the trial version will definitely render the effect. How are you closing the controls? If you press the "X" to close the window, the effect will not be applied. You need to click the OK button to keep the changes you made.

Comment

Yes, the trial version will definitely render the effect. How are you closing the controls? If you press the "X" to close the window, the effect will not be applied. You need to click the OK button to keep the changes you made.
                I can't see the ok button. Is it below the keyframes on 6.5?

When I make the dialogue box smaller and use the scroll bar all the way to the bottom I can't go below the keyframe bar.
                EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Originally posted by digitalgecko View Post
                  I can't see the ok button. Is it below the keyframes on 6.5?

When I make the dialogue box smaller and use the scroll bar all the way to the bottom I can't go below the keyframe bar.
                  Yes, it should be below the keyframe bar. What resolution is your computer monitor set to?

Comment

Yes, it should be below the keyframe bar. What resolution is your computer monitor set to?
                    I have small monitors, my max resolution 1440 X 900

Comment

very odd - on my laptop, sony ar51 17 inch - 1440x900 the plugin opens in Edius, but is "too large" so I cannot see the X close button - I have to force an Edius closure in task manager - so Colourfast is un-usable.. cannot grab any edges to shift the plug window...

Ha Ha! by expanding the bottom windows task bar, the plugin window drops, so I can see the X !! BUT now I can't see the OK button at all - dam - not made for laptops at all.

Last edited by PaulTV; 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM.

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

Comment

I think the window size issue is a reported bug

windows must never have a fixed height of more than common laptop resolution
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, guys. I thought this problem was resolved when we added in the scroll bar for ColorFast, but it looks like it's not working 100% correctly on some computers. I'll check in with our developers and hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

Comment

There's something wrong here - I just tested in AE, adding Colour fast to a clip and setting to NONE, reduces the video level a little - it should be transparent no?

In Edius Colour Fast clips highlights, removing the details and clipping the shot when set to NONE.

There's some kinda clipper at work here - it's removing my manuscript music on the lit stage with musicians - even when in bypass??

It behaves as though it has a "safe" limiter built in - I think it should appear as an option in future builds - removing detail, even when above 100% ( Sony EX produces highlights to 120% ) doesn't help recovery of a usable shot - simply replacing the details with a slab of white....

just my 2cents

Comment

All very well offering a deal on these NewBlue plugs, but Colourfast has problems, it cannot be used on some laptops, GUI is not fully visible so cannot be "applied".

It also has an issue with peak whites, clipping them and removing fine details in white areas - not good for a tool which offers:

Primary Color Correction—Adjust your image to achieve a 'true' result with correct color and effective contrast.

and....

"It was fun to watch the attendees eyes light up when we showed them Color Correction & Grading using NewBlueFX."

I'm sorry but this tool cannot be used for grading in its current state, not even in an 8bit world.

This is not meant as taking a potshot at NewBlue, frankly, I like their stuff, but users should be aware that these limitations
                              exist before they commit to buying.

Comment

Working...
                              X