Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Screen in VMW 5 Cut-Edit Menu

Hi All

Have enjoyed using TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5.3.1.85 for some time time now for preparing for burns etc.
    Today when I opened a new project the display screen in the 'Cut-Edit' (Helping a mate out) window is split into 2 (see attached). VMW still functions as it should, thumbnails and audio are ok.
    The file I am working on is an Mpeg 2 PS Mpeg Audio. Could anybody shed some light on this?

TIA

Ronnie
    Attached Files
    System 2: Gigabyte GA-890FX UD7MB, CPU: Phenom II 6 Core Proc. @ 3.1 Ghz, RAM:16GB Vengeance RAM 4x4GB, Graphics Nvidia GTX560ti, 1x240GB OCZ SSD system, 4x1TB WD Black Ent. Drives Raid 0. LAN NAS 6TB backup.
    O/S Windows 7 64bit Pro SP 1, Edius 6.5.2 Boris Red 5.22, VMW 5, Imaginate 2.0 5, Vistitle, LGx2 Blu-ray. 2xw2228h Monitors. HDSpark, BM UltraStudio SDI Capture & Playback,Sony 17" BVM SDI, Sony 32" LCD, Edius KB, Intuos 4 Tablet

your magnify slider at top right is all the way right
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      your magnify slider at top right is all the way right
      Hi Anton

Thanks for replying, however it does not appear to alter when I slide the slider anywhere between Right Or Left or position it anywhere in between.
      The result is still that the viewer is displaying top part of the picture in one display as shown and the rest of the image in the other.

Cheers

Ronnie
      System 2: Gigabyte GA-890FX UD7MB, CPU: Phenom II 6 Core Proc. @ 3.1 Ghz, RAM:16GB Vengeance RAM 4x4GB, Graphics Nvidia GTX560ti, 1x240GB OCZ SSD system, 4x1TB WD Black Ent. Drives Raid 0. LAN NAS 6TB backup.
      O/S Windows 7 64bit Pro SP 1, Edius 6.5.2 Boris Red 5.22, VMW 5, Imaginate 2.0 5, Vistitle, LGx2 Blu-ray. 2xw2228h Monitors. HDSpark, BM UltraStudio SDI Capture & Playback,Sony 17" BVM SDI, Sony 32" LCD, Edius KB, Intuos 4 Tablet

Comment

have you applied any filters?

have you updated your nvidia driver? the newest one is faulty and causes all sorts of display issues
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          have you applied any filters?

have you updated your nvidia driver? the newest one is faulty and causes all sorts of display issues
          Hi Anton,

No there are no filters applied. My current NVidia graphics driver is 3.06.97
          and I haven't updated the NVidia to 310.xx due to yours and several others posts I have read.

Update:

Hi anton,

Solved it. The "Use CUDA for Filters" in the preferences menu check box was ticked. Unchecked it and all displays OK.

Cheers and thanks for your replies.

Cheers

Ronnie
          Last edited by abcronnie; 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

there you have it, another nvidia issue

they seem to forget about testing and quality control lately
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Used to be ATI was the bug-introducing driver, now Nvidia is on that boat. Seems they like to play the leapfrog game. At least there are only the three major players (Intel being the other), not like the "old Wild West" days with Trident, S3, Tseng Labs, etc. :)

But yes, find a driver that works for you and stick with it. If you need to, check OldVersion.com or WayBack Machine for previous versions.

This is one of the many reasons I archive all my downloads. I've had to roll back due to bugs or problems more than a few times.

Comment

Hi Brandon

Interestingly, I don't remember ever checking the "use Cuda for filters" box in TMPGEnc VMW 5 ever but I did recently update VMW 5 to the version I am now on 5.1.3.85, but hey you live and learn.
                BTW I checked out Oldversion.com. (Great name) That's a great resource so thanks for that advice. I also archive all my downloads for the same reasons.

Cheers

Ronnie

Comment

Can anyone comment if these nvidia oversights are present in Quadro drivers as well?

Comment

Hi Mark

As an Avid Symphony user also, I can say that Avid has not certified any Nvidia drivers above 2.75.89 for Quadro series cards. It has been reported that 3.06.97 has caused issues with Media Composer & Symphony 6.03.02 as well as the current update to 6.5. Jerky playback, Dropped frames on playback on desktop monitors, Application freezing, Backgrounds of UI dissappearing or not updating correctly.
                    Avid's response to these issues is to roll back to 275.89, then again as you can edit the certified GPU file within Avid some users have enabled their Avid to accept the 3.06.97 without issue, but Avid states clearly you do so at your own risk and will not offer support when issues arise.

Cheers mate

Ronnie

Comment

Hi Ronnie. That's sad, you pay for pristine drivers with Quadro cards.

Comment

I think the main issue, at least the one I reported in this post, is tied up with CUDA implementation. No issues since disabling it in all applications that suggest or inadvertently enable it.

Cheers

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                        X