Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMPGEnc Movie Plugin for Edius 6.5 is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman
    replied
    I see the update listed but not too much is shown as changed. I wonder if we will ever get the full features of T5 (filters and downsampling etc...) in the plugin for Edius? It would be great bypass the step of exporting huge files to then encode them.

Pegasys, if you are listening, that is what we really want!

Leave a comment:

• MPPais
    replied
    Ther's an update:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I don't have a card so that is more than likely why I can't see the option.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    The mpeg 2 plugin has FCB support for outputting MPEG 2 files. If you need h.264, I don't see an option. I just did a 2 pass mpeg 2 that looked pretty decent.
    I don't have FCB installed at the moment so cannot check but from memory you will need to select Bluray preset and then h264 is one of the options. I know it was there as that was the sole reason for me using it in the past.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    Speed isn't everything. As a long as Edius can't handle 2-pass encoding a solution with FCB and TVMW5 still has advantages.
    The mpeg 2 plugin has FCB support for outputting MPEG 2 files. If you need h.264, I don't see an option. I just did a 2 pass mpeg 2 that looked pretty decent.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-10-2012, 02:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by sitosson View Post
    I'm really happy with the plug-in finally I can now use my FIRECODER cards with Edius 6,5.
    To finally get rid of two steps to first encode to avi and then through FIRECODER encode the file to m2ts file. It is a huge time saver.
    Canopus abandoned us FIRECODER owners for some strange reason.
    Next upgrade will I will really be sure if FIRECODER supported or I will definitively not upgrade.
    It looks as if you are using the Mpeg plugin. Will this do h.264 as well. It looks like it only will do mpeg.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-10-2012, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    FCB is a dead product. If this plugin works as you say, it should be fine in the future updates as well. Quicksync is much faster than the FCB and I can build a complete system, strictly for encoding with Quicksync, for a little less than what a FCB card is selling at. $500+
    Speed isn't everything. As a long as Edius can't handle 2-pass encoding a solution with FCB and TVMW5 still has advantages.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    FCB is a dead product. If this plugin works as you say, it should be fine in the future updates as well. Quicksync is much faster than the FCB and I can build a complete system, strictly for encoding with Quicksync, for a little less than what a FCB card is selling at. $500+

Leave a comment:

• sitosson
    replied
    Finally a pluggin for Firercoder card after long wait

I'm really happy with the plug-in finally I can now use my FIRECODER cards with Edius 6,5.
    To finally get rid of two steps to first encode to avi and then through FIRECODER encode the file to m2ts file. It is a huge time saver.
    Canopus abandoned us FIRECODER owners for some strange reason.
    Next upgrade will I will really be sure if FIRECODER supported or I will definitively not upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Black bars still there and no filters.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• chappyware
    replied
    did the mpg plugin in have a problem with black borders?

I seem to remember something about that. If so, does this new version fix that?

Leave a comment:

• 3dguy
    replied
    Pegasys has picked up Accelcoder X which was a wonderful 3DBlu-ray and Blu-ray encoder. Has anyone heard when they will make it available again as a new product?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    I tend to agree. For $100 you get the real thing and for $20 less you get a useless plugin with a lot more than $20 worth of filters missing. They had the opportunity in the upgrade to include the things missing from the first version. I just don`t get it. I am a big fan of TMPGenc but this really mystifies me.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    I have already sent them an e-mail about how disappointed I am.

I had hoped that they would take the opportunity to add more functionality to the plugin for Edius 6.5 This plugin is kind of useless without all of the tools of Mastering Works imho. The great downsampling and filters are what what make DVD encodes so great from this company.

Sent a feature request about this a while ago but it is not to be. Still have to export a large file and put it back in another program into the future. Oh to be able to encode form the timeline again... :)

(I shoot in 720p60 so there is no easy way to make use of the better downsampling in Edius for DVD output.)

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    started a topic TMPGEnc Movie Plugin for Edius 6.5 is here!

TMPGEnc Movie Plugin for Edius 6.5 is here!

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/e5m2p.html
Working...
X