Prodad Heroglyph vers 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodad Heroglyph vers 4

For some time I have had Heorglyph vers 2.6 title package on my Edius 6 & recently decided to upgrade to vers 4 to enable me to create some fancy titling for our China video. On Prodad`s site it claims to be able to use it within various editing programmes such as Edius vers 6 & 6.5, Premiere etc. At no time does it say that it will NOT WORK in a transaparency mode whilst creating a title over existing video footage. Often you need to see what is below the title so that you can best place the wording etc. Having found this problem I then requested a refund of the £135 I had paid the previous day only to have this declined & was referred to the publisher. When I contacted them & asked the reason I was simply told it was not allowed! Queerying this I then had a torrent of abuse, mostly in German (which I understood some of) the rest in English!

I`m posting this as a warning to would be users that although there are some good points of this software there are also a lot of drawbacks, not least the attitude of the company.

You can take a still an add it as an image layer.
    This way you can see where you need to draw. Or you can add the video as an image layer.

Title positioning is seen combined in the Rec window of EDIUS
    These are ways to work with it not as smooth in workflow as the other titlers.
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM.
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Agreed, but not really as practical as being able to see the timeline for accurate positioning!

Comment

If you have an external monitor or a second computer monitor you get
        accurate positioning. Look at the screen shot from Edius 6.08 and Heroglyph 4.
        It is not as easy as Vistitle, but to say it won't do is not completely correct.
        This is one of those times that having an output monitor pays off.
        This is on two 1440x900 monitors on my surfing machine. Very small for this work but it will do it.
        Edius 6.08 and Heroglyph 4.jpg
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Currently I have un-installed HG vers 4 but have HG 2.6 on m y Edius 6 system which has 2 PC monitors plus a client monitor fed via HDMI. I`ve looked at your pic & am struggling to work out how to set my system to be able to see the output on the R/H monitor like yours, can you explain how to set it up please? I`m not sure wether 2.6 will work in the same way.

Do you have Skype? if so I could send you a private message giving you my Skype name. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Your client monitor, is that from the video card or from an HD Spark or other Grass Valley output card. The GV cards output the overlay to an external monitor. The overly is what is actually viewd in the program screen and on the second monitor after it is enlarged.

User Setting 1.png
            Make sure you have this checked.

User Setting 2.png
            This setting will tell your system to resize your number 2 monitor to full screen once you have double clicked the right hand Edius Monitor.
            Source Program.jpg

The left is source, and I consider the right program. Don't confuse these with the physical left and right monitors.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected].2Ghz, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Client moitor is from a Spark card. I`ve set my user prefs as you indicate & by double clicking the R/H window (that`s in my L/H PC monitor) I can see the timeline output full screen on my physical R/H monitor & then back to default when I click back into the prog monitor. However, I still can`t see any alterations made whilst in HG 2.6 reletive to the image on my timeline as in your pic.

Comment

Here is a video. I did this on 6.52, but it works the same in 6.08. I just have Camtasia on the 6.52 machines.

Heroglph 4.0.wmv

These are the settings that i am using in Heroglyph.

Heroglyph 4.jpg

Do you see what I am seeing while you are inputting your text?
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Here is a video. I did this on 6.52, but it works the same in 6.08. I just have Camtasia on the 6.52 machines.

Heroglph 4.0.wmv

These are the settings that i am using in Heroglyph.

Heroglyph 4.jpg

Do you see what I am seeing while you are inputting your text?
                  I have this working on 3 machines. 1 with a Storm 3g, one with an HD Spark, and one without an output card.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Not seeing the text updating whilst editing within HG! Maybe it`s because it`s vers 2.6! Maybe I`ll try re-installing vers 4, but at the moment my wife is using the edit suite whilst editing the China video which we`re trying to finish for Christmas. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

How did you create the title in the bin or on the timeline? You only see the background underneath the title if you did it on the timeline. The other possibility I can think of is that you made the title in insert mode. When you add the title to the timeline this may push the video out of the way so you don't actually have any video underneath it.
                      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

I created a blank title & placed it on V2 with a graphic on V1, then hit F12 to save to the timeline. I then went back to the HG clip, ensuring that it was above the graphic & had not pushed it sideways, double clicked to open the HG editor. This however did not allow me to see the HG title over the graphic on V1.

Comment

This is what happens for me with Heroglyph 4, running windows Vista and EDIUS 6.08. The Heroglyph is just the trial version. As you can see similar to Jerry but it does not seem to work very well when placed over a Jpeg as opposed to a piece of video. Have you tried this over some video? Does it work better?

I am trying to do the same with Heroglyph 2, but at the moment i am having problems getting it installed and seen in EDIUS since V4 has already been there.
                          Attached Files
                          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

It may be that using 2.6 when vers 4 has been there may well cause the problem. What I think I need to do is to re-install vers 4 on my machine, however, when I had on there initially I wasn`t able to replicate what both Jerry & yourself are obviously doing & can in fact see the output whilst still in the HG editing pane.

Comment

Actually what i thought my video was showing is there is a problem using a graphic ontrack 1 that you don't get using a video (ie the colour bars). Over coulour bars no problem. Over graphic I get the display disappearing, flashing colours etc as seen. This is only a small low res windows graphic so makes me wonder what it would be like with a decent size graphic.
                              SO I am thinking there is a problem but only when using a graphic on track 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X