X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewBlue Video Essentials I and III

Hi,

I have Edius Pro 6.52. I tried installing NewBlue Video Essentials I and III that came with the Bonus Software disk for Edius 6, but I don't see the NewBlue Video Filters listed anywhere when I open Edius.

Are the NewBlue Video Essentials I and III compatible with Edius 6.52? If yes, what could I be doing wrong? If not, how can I get a version which works with Edius 6.52 and how much is it going to cost me?

Thanks...
    BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
    1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

No you need to buy new filters for 6.5
    This aplies to all plugins, Vistitle 1.86 and above will work with 6.5 if you owned it for E6, see the approved plugin thread
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

It is in the title of the plugin. VE 1 & 3for Edius 6.x. There are paid updates
      for both at NB's web site .
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I was kind of expecting your answers, but I am realy dissappointed here....

Is Edius the only NLE where you have to buy paid upgrades for all your video effects everytime there is a new version?

It's getting to be a little expensive to get a new version of an NLE with all these extras...

Sorry if I sound a bit negative here, but I thought I wouldn't have to upgrade my plugins when I upgraded to a newer version of Edius...
        BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
        1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

Comment

There were significant changes under the hood to require new plugins.
          Charging is the choice of 3rd party developers.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Rick,

Please send me a PM and I'll get you the ordering information for Video Essentials 1 and 3 to use with Edius 6.5. We do have discounted upgrade prices on those two for Edius users.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBlue_MJ View Post
              Hi Rick,

Please send me a PM and I'll get you the ordering information for Video Essentials 1 and 3 to use with Edius 6.5. We do have discounted upgrade prices on those two for Edius users.
              Marcus, why can't you tell the upgrade prices here?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                Marcus, why can't you tell the upgrade prices here?
                I can tell you, it's $29.95 each for VE1 and VE3, $59.90 if you want both.

The issue is just that it's a special offer for Edius users only and I need to create unique purchase links for everyone who's interested. So that's why I asked Rick to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrick View Post
                  Is Edius the only NLE where you have to buy paid upgrades for all your video effects everytime there is a new version?
                  Can't say for certain whether it's the only NLE, but other types of applications sometimes require new plug-ins when the version changes.

For example, when I upgraded from Windows Home Server (original) to Windows Home Server 2011, one of my plug-ins was no longer compatible, and my other plug-ins required new versions, some were free, others were paid.

Plug-ins run in an NLE similar to how applications run on Windows. When there's a major change to Windows, sometimes the application needs an update, and that's not always free. The same goes for NLE "platforms."

Comment

That decision for charging is the choice of the plugin developer.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      That decision for charging is the choice of the plugin developer.
                      Sure...because they make a living with selling their products!

It's up to the NLE manufacturer whether he enhances his product with plugins (and pays a license fee) or not. GV decided to stop bundling (although the upgrade price for 6.5 remains the same as for the 6.0x upgrade). Who wins? GV because they maximize their profits (selling their products as download versions being another new maximizing factor). Who loses? The customer because he has to pay for every little extra. The first time in Edius history and hopefully just an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBlue_MJ View Post
                        I can tell you, it's $29.95 each for VE1 and VE3, $59.90 if you want both.

The issue is just that it's a special offer for Edius users only and I need to create unique purchase links for everyone who's interested. So that's why I asked Rick to PM me.
                        Thank you, Marcus!

Comment

Zorro, did you install everyone of the 3rd party plugins into Edius 6.x? I certainly didn't.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                            Zorro, did you install everyone of the 3rd party plugins into Edius 6.x? I certainly didn't.

As a dealer I Installed every single plugin for customers because they paid for it. And these are the same customers who are very irritated since version 6.5x for a lot of reasons (plugin situation, GV restructuring in Germany, lack of new hardware, etc)

Comment

Fully agree with you Zorro. The upgrade price for Edius v6.5 plus the cost of all your plug-ins upgrades (that worked fine in v6.08) makes this upgrade of Edius an expensive exercise. I know, I know the choice is mine and I have made it. I will stay with v6.08 and see what v7 has to offer in the future.
                              i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                              RAM 32 GB.
                              ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                              PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                              Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                              OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                              Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                              SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

Working...
                              X