Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended VSTs not in Effect window

Hi (Gavin):

I tried to work in Edius-6.52 with the recommended VSTs (Ocon5, Nectar, VoxengoElephant).
    I could install the VSTs but they are not shown in the Effect-window !!

None of the three alternatives worked:
    - Add the relevant VST-path to the VST plug-in (Settings > Sytemsettings > Effects > VST PluginBridge)
    - Copy the relevant files into the VSTplugin-folder in Windows (C:\programfiles(x86)\VSTPlugIns)
    - Copy the relevant files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Grass Valley\EDIUS 6.5\PlugIn\VST
    Hint: I didnt forget to restart Edius after Systemsetting.

What did I make wrong ???

Have now 6.52 with fine video-features etc but cant use any VST !!

Need really some Help (from GV?) from anyone.

Thanks in advance kurt
    Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EdiusX-WG (10.21)/ Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-17.4.10004 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
    // Read > Test > Understand

1. Do you have a Steinberg folder in your x86 Program tree?
    If not create one.
    2. Now go to Edius>System Settings>Effects>Vst Plugin Bridge

Steinberg Folder.png
    You will notice on the left side I have chosen VST Plug-in Bridge
    Go up to the top and you will see my Path for my Steinberg folder.
    You can only use 32bit plugins in Edius so the path has to be in the x86 side.

3. Once you have this select the plugin path and click add.

That is It.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Problem solved !!

Hi Jerry:

I did all step by step what You recommended.
      It didnt help - but

1) For I had tested all alternatives etc. then I remembered that I have renamed the Localize-Folder. The reason is simply: The german version of Edius has some translation-errors in the menues (some are really horror).

2) So I renamed the localize-Folder back to its original-name, started now the german-version of Edius ====> and all worked fine.

3) Renaming Localize to xxxLocalize and starting now the english Edius-Version works, as Edius "holds" the information installed.

So You helped me - indirect, but that doesnt matter.

Thanks very much!

Regards kurt
      Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EdiusX-WG (10.21)/ Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-17.4.10004 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

@kpot: I did not get it what you have done.

Does it mean that the IZotope VST working on your 6.52?
        Can you explain it maybe on a PM (on German) how you have made it.

@GV: Recommended VSTs !! The VST,s from Izotope are so very essential.
        Without them your brilliant edit software make a step back in the stoneage... Sorry for that hard words. But a edit program without a limiter?!? and some propper mastering tools ?!? I really hope that you can manage that license issue... or build in alternatives on your own (ASAP) otherways I'm out of following your updates.
        It can not be the solution for your high class product that you are recomend to by expensiv third parts for basic functions.... I really hope you make it possible... Best FNAG

Comment

Working...
        X