DVD Lab Pro : max 99 movies / DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Lab Pro : max 99 movies / DVD

I have to insert 156 mini movies on a DVD.
    But DVD Lab Pro has a limit : 99 movies by DVD volume.
    I thought the max. was 99 by VTS with :
    VTS1 : 34
    VTS2 : 76
    VTS3 : 46
    Thru the message below, I understand I have to join movies with chapters,
    but is the film stops at the end of chapter ?

Marc
    Attached Files
    System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
    Edius in France

it seems like you took on a job that is not destined for outdated technology like DVD, authoring rules were invented many years ago and have not changed
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM.
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

you will have to reduce the number of movies

combine the first 50 into one movie
      combine the next 50 into one movie
      combine the last 56 into one movie

add required chapters to each movie and convert each chapter to splice point with right click
      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/d...lice-point.png

then link to the chapters, when a splice point is reached during playback, it will do whatever you set as end action such as return to last menu
      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks !
        Almost perfect.
        The last return is not OK, the first line of the previous menu is always highlighted.
        Surely, I missed something.

Besides :
        - it's very difficult to navigate in the movie TL, is there a play/stop button ? (later I'ill import chapter points)
        - I've red flashes on video with Arcsoft software (not on physical DVD). Is it normal ?

Marc
        Attached Files
        System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
        Edius in France

Comment

your return3 is set to return to the default button, is that what you wish? or you rather want to return to the button you came from? in which case you would choose "don't change"

yes, I always import chapters from the free EDIUS marker exporter text file

not sure about red flashes in Total Media, have not seen any yet
          Anton Strauss

Comment

Exactly.
            Now , at the end of movie, the return is correct.
            Also, I want to have the same behaviour with remote Menu, but I can't choose "Return3" for the Movie108 - box "Menu button on remote" (see previous png).
            Why ?

Marc
            Edius in France

Comment

are you saying the dropdown box is locked?
              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/dvd-lab/return1.png
              Anton Strauss

Comment

In the dropdown list , i don't see "Return3" , only "Root Menu" and Menu names.

Marc
                Edius in France

Comment

that could be caused if there are multiple VTS

did you create the return object as part of the correct VTS?

if not, link both dropdowns of the movie to a bridge object and link the bridge object to Return1 in the usual way
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, "Return3" is in the right VTS (VTS3)
                    I just create a new Return object ("Return4") and delete "Return3"
                    Now, I can choose Return4 for any movie in VTS3.
                    Strange.

At first sight, all is perfect for remote control.

Marc
                    Edius in France

Comment

IIRC, 99 titles is a limit of DVD spec.

Comment

Yes, with experience, it's clear : 99 movies is the upper limit on DVD.
                        But, with Anton suggestion , there is a workaround.
                        And it works fine.

Fortunately, , it's not the same limit for Menus, I've more 100 menus by VTS (photos, drawings, ...) and then, more 300 on DVD.

Marc
                        Last edited by Marc44; 09-05-2012, 12:56 PM.
                        Edius in France

Comment

For my hudge project , the duration tends to 3 hours and I do use a DVD-9.
                          Is it possible to assign a movie to layer1 or to layer 2 (inside each VTS) ?

Marc
                          Edius in France

Comment

you need to start IMgBurn and load your DVD Lab VIDEO_TS, then click calculate, ImgBurn will show you possible points you can choose to set as layer break

if no suitable point is found, go back to DVD Lab and set a dummy chapter inside the suitable layer break area
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/d...ayerbreak1.png
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/d...ayerbreak2.png

important, before you set a dummy chapter, test with ImgBurn, because it mat find that some of your clips fall to a perfect layer break position, so no dummy chapter is needed
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

If I understand :
                              1. IMGburm : to locate the best position in the Video-TS
                              2. DVDlab Pro : to view the suitable position in the movie (blue line)
                              And, after how to force the breakpoint to the the layer 2 ?

Marc
                              Edius in France

Comment

Working...
                              X