Canopus AVI files can't view in CS6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canopus AVI files can't view in CS6

I created AVI files in Pro 1.5 with Canopus Rex hardware and Win XP for the operating system. When I try to import them into Premiere Pro CS6 (Win 7) there is no video. Only audio. When I resave the file as a Microsoft AVI it works fine. This is why I originally thought it may have something to do with a Canopus Codec? I installed their codec pack from the Grass Valley site and installed that. No change. Could it be a 32/64 bit issue?? The file plays fine outside of Premiere. I also made sure when the files were originally captured that the Microsoft compatability was checked in the Capture options.
    Has anybody else come up against this? Is there a 64 bit Codec ?

It is the codec. If you have EDIUS 6 or 6.5 then you get a 64 bit version of the GV codec and the files work in Premiere.
    The new software codecs you can download from GV should also work in Premiere Pro but I am not sure what would happen if you installed these on a system which has an older version of EDIUS installed. Which version of EDIUS do you have?
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

I have Edius 4 but it is not loaded on the Win 7 machine. I loaded up the GV 6.51 codec pack off of the website and there is no change. I didn't see anything mentioned about 64 bit in the download area??

Comment

Working...
      X