Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msvideo
    replied
    Well impressed with E6.5 Lanczos 3 downscaling quality - as clean and artefact free as it gets. Big step forward!

Thanks Anton for sharing your procedure http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...downscale.html

If only GV would now add 2 pass VBR MPEG2...

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Thanks Anton.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Auto will detect the correct settings

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Just wondering Anton, In your T5 settings its set for Auto unspecified video

But in my version of T5 the option is one or the other.
    Which one is best, Auto or Unspecified?

T5 Settings 2.png

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tony; 09-09-2012, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    the new downsampling in EDIUS does not kick in if you export to DVD from HD timeline
    it only kicks in if you switch project to SD and then set SD project to lanzos3, then export to DVD
    In 6.51 am i right then in changing from HD 1920x1080 50i to SD Pal 720x576 50i 16x9, to take advantage of the improved downscaling?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks again for testing Anton. T5 does a great job, it is just more work and time compared to inside Edius. I hope this can improve in the future.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I tested 60p 1280x720 downscaled to 60i 720x480 with T5 and it looks much better than doing this with EDIUS

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Anton, I can upload files to my website for your to donwload. What do you want and how long of a clip? 500-600MB would probably be the top end for size.

I only need 10 seconds, make sure footage contains diagonals such as roof gutters or anything similar that would cause downscaling artifacts

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Anton, I can upload files to my website for your to donwload. What do you want and how long of a clip? 500-600MB would probably be the top end for size.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Sure, I can upload some 60p footage, but is it possible to switch a 50p/60p timeline to SD?

If you put the GH1 50p footage on your timeline, can you change the project setting to SD?

I have not upgraded to 6.5 yet.

Thanks

I would still like to test a 50p or 60p to see what the best solution could be

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    no you can't switch 50p to 50i, so this method is out of the question for 50p, 60p users

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Watermoore View Post
    Anton do you know if Edius 6.5 is capable of serving up an Adobe Encore friendly file (closed GOP) so no re encoding is necessary? I was going to hold up on upgrading Edius to 6.5 and get TMPGenc Mastering suite. If Edius 6.5 is capable of producing encore friendly files I may reconsider. Thanks for your input.
    I can get files to import pretty easily. They import faster in CS6 than in CS5.5.
    But, they do import.

Edius to Encore file acceptance.png

It is good to have extra tools in the toolbox. Still consider getting TMPGE as an alternative when you need more control.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    Bassman, I just tried to change a 50p 1920x 1080 50p project to SD. No go.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Sure, I can upload some 60p footage, but is it possible to switch a 50p/60p timeline to SD?

If you put the GH1 50p footage on your timeline, can you change the project setting to SD?

I have not upgraded to 6.5 yet.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X