NewBlue TitlerPro and EDIUS 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewBlue TitlerPro and EDIUS 6

Been playing w/ the trial version of NewBlue TitlerPro.

Overall - it looks pretty cool - and having fun checking it out - but have had a few stumbling points.

When I save the title and then place it onto EDIUS 6 timeline - EDIUS will freeze when I try to play the timeline. EDIUS did not freeze prior to placing the TitlerPro file on the timeline.

I have a powerful Core i7 workstation w/ ASUS P6T mobo and running Windows 7 (32 bit) w/ NVidia 9800 GT series card (512MB).

Also - does Titler Pro allow me to export a Quicktime or Canopus HQ AVI (including the alpha channel)? I would certainly want the ability to "export" the final title in some type of universal standard file/graphics/animation format.

I don't see any way to export . . . . only allows me to save in the proprietary NewBlue TitlerPro file format.

Can you play back the Titler Pro clip if you render it on your timeline?

As for being able to export a video file directly from Titler, that's something we're looking into for a future release, but I don't have a timeline on when it might be available.

Comment

So far I haven't been able to get that far because as soon as the ProTitler Clip is placed on the EDIUS timeline, EDIUS locks up. I will keep trying.

Apparently NewBlue TitlerPro does not work w/ earlier versions of EDIUS - right? I tried using it on an EDIUS 5 system and it doesn't show up the way it does in EDIUS 6.

I really want to see what these titles look like when played at full-res 1920x1080 and unfortunately I'm getting tackled at the 50 yard marker.

Does this issue (crashing in EDIUS) sound abnormal?

If so, what can one expect when trying to play these in EDIUS?

I'm assuming that these titles (created in NB TitlerPro) will require rendering in EDIUS - right? I am asking this because I also have VisTitle and believe it or not, VisTitle graphics play full-res without rendering on my workstation. Even those that include fancy animated layers and particle animation type effects.

I really hope that NewBlue will release a version that allows "Export" to common file formats like AVI (Specifically Canopus HQ and HQX) and also Quicktime Animation file format. Support for these types of files is very important for obvious reasons. . . . . . interchange/exchange w/ other third party software and hardware.

Comment

Did you read my response in the other titler thread?
        Your gpu is in the lower end of the spectrum.
        Update your drivers. If you have a newer video card
        Try it.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV

If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry,

I will give that a try.

In the meantime - can you tell me "what" I should be seeing when I place the NewBlue TitlerPro clip on the EDIUS timeline?

In other words, should I expect realtime, full resolution HD playback?

Or will basic ProTitler clips require rendering first?

My EDIUS 6 system has no problem playing VisTitle clips in realtime, as well as Digital Juice and LightWave 3D animations that are saved using the Canopus HQ AVI file format.

Comment

Still trying to get EDIUS 6 and NewBlue Titler CG

Well - I tried updating the NVidia Graphics drivers on my EDIUS 6 Core i7 workstation PC.

The NVidia card is a 9800 GT w/ 512MB and now has the latest drivers - but . . . .

Unfortunately - no difference. Still locking up anytime I try to play the EDIUS 6 timeline w/ a TitlerPro clip on it.

Please see the attached JPEG for a look at the error message.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a video. Try to do exactly what i did to see if y ou can make it work.
              This is a 1920x1080 59.94 8bit project. Turn ripple off.

nb titler.wmv
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry,

Tried lots of different things - including re-installation of EDIUS 6.06 release software - upgraded NVidia driver earlier today - total reboot.

I am saving the NewBlue Titles onto the "Graphics folder" on my Media drive - and not saving them into the "Titles" folder (located within the EDIUS Project folder). I hope that wouldn't cause this issue (freezing on EDIUS 6 timeline)..... but I I'll keep trying different things.

For now though, I am getting the same error message that got earlier today (see JPEG image in earlier post). I got one title to play (sort of) then I rendered it and I can see it play - however the next title I made - using the NewBlue Template w/ water reflections (really cool) crashed EDIUS 6 again. So it is still locking up.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmidi View Post
                  Thanks Jerry,

Tried lots of different things - including re-installation of EDIUS 6.06 release software - upgraded NVidia driver earlier today - total reboot.

I am saving the NewBlue Titles onto the "Graphics folder" on my Media drive - and not saving them into the "Titles" folder (located within the EDIUS Project folder). I hope that wouldn't cause this issue (freezing on EDIUS 6 timeline)..... but I I'll keep trying different things.

For now though, I am getting the same error message that got earlier today (see JPEG image in earlier post). I got one title to play (sort of) then I rendered it and I can see it play - however the next title I made - using the NewBlue Template w/ water reflections (really cool) crashed EDIUS 6 again. So it is still locking up.

What are your project settings? (Resolution, file type, bit depth)

Comment

Hi NewBlue_MJ,

The EDIUS settings are for a standard 1920x1080 project.

Frame Size : 1920 x 1080
                    Frame Rate : 29.97
                    Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
                    Field order : Upper Field
                    Quantization Bit Rate : 8Bit
                    Audio
                    Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
                    Quantization Bit Rate : 24 Bit
                    Channel : 8
                    Setup
                    Render format : Canopus HQ Standard
                    Over Scan Size : 0 %
                    Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB

Comment

EDIUS 6 Error whe Importing Titles created in NB TitlerPro

On a slightly different topic . . . .

When I try to "import" a title created in NewBlue TitlerPro into EDIUS 6 - EDIUS returns an error stating that it is not a recognized file type.

Please see the attached JPEG.

I've tried this w/ a number of different files created in NB TitlerPro . . . . same results everytime.

Very Strange because NewBlue Titles are clearly "listed" in the Import Window (when you click the "Files of Type" list at bottom of window) as a recognized file type - however they won't import into EDIUS.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok try this. Uninstall all of Edius and quicktime.
                        Reinstall the Edius 6 disc and the Edius 6.06
                        Update. Along with quicktime installed with
                        The Edius installer.
                        Now try the new blue titler.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

On a slightly different topic . . . .

When I try to "import" a title created in NewBlue TitlerPro into EDIUS 6 - EDIUS returns an error stating that it is not a recognized file type.

Please see the attached JPEG.

I've tried this w/ a number of different files created in NB TitlerPro . . . . same results everytime.

Very Strange because NewBlue Titles are clearly "listed" in the Import Window (when you click the "Files of Type" list at bottom of window) as a recognized file type - however they won't import into EDIUS.

I apologize for the confusion, at the moment the "Save / Save As" options in the File menu in Titler are really more like export commands. The ".nbtitle" files are not referenced by Edius, they can only be opened by Titler Pro itself.

My understanding is that Titler Pro clips in Edius are actually saved as part of the Edius project file itself.

Comment

Hi NewBlue_MJ,

The EDIUS settings are for a standard 1920x1080 project.

Frame Size : 1920 x 1080
                            Frame Rate : 29.97
                            Aspect Ratio : 1.0000
                            Field order : Upper Field
                            Quantization Bit Rate : 8Bit
                            Audio
                            Sampling Rate : 48000Hz
                            Quantization Bit Rate : 24 Bit
                            Channel : 8
                            Setup
                            Render format : Canopus HQ Standard
                            Over Scan Size : 0 %
                            Audio Reference Level : -20.0dB

Can you try a lower resolution project (720p, or even DV) just to see if it will work with Titler?

Comment

Newblue title pro ,64bit windows ....work fine...

Comment

Working...
                              X