Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris Red 5.09 - Output with NX Card?

Hello,

I just installed the Boris Red 5.09a update which I have read here is supposed to have output to an external monitor. I use an NX card but am not having any luck with preview output from the boris timeline.

Anybody had any luck with this update and external preview?

Thanks
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,

I just installed the Boris Red 5.09a update which I have read here is supposed to have output to an external monitor. I use an NX card but am not having any luck with preview output from the boris timeline.

Anybody had any luck with this update and external preview?

Thanks
    Working fine here with HDSpark and Storm3G... I don't know if NX is supported as it is not a current card. I will see if I can find out.

Best
    Dave.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

It works fine with the Nx. Are you getting a preview on
      your computer monitor and your output monitor
      by way of the Nx of the edius timeline? Not with a Boris
      filter applied.....just a standard timeline.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV

If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Inside of Edius 6.06 I get preview on the internal screen as well as my external monitor through the NX. When I apply a Boris Red 5 filter to a clip and double-click to open the Boris dialogue I only get preview on the internal Boris screen. My external monitor still displays where the CTI is inside of Edius.

I was expecting to be able to have the Boris timeline show out to the external monitor so I can see any changes etc... made inside of the Boris before hitting apply & going back to Edius.

There are no choices for external monitors in the preview prferences.

Thanks
        Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Check all of your connections. I get exactly what you are
          wanting with my Nx. There are no settings for
          hardware choices. Go over your Boris preferences
          for settings.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I am having a look around and the only setting in the preferences that references an external monnitor in Boris is in the preview tab (preferences) or in the Preview menu. Both are either blank or geyed out.

Is there a setting in Edius I need to have checked? The connection to the external monitor seems fine as I have normal preview without Boris.

Comment

apply transition or filter and open Boris

press Ctrl+Alt=Shift+P and then scrub the Boris timeline

do you see anything on the external monitor now?

Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

One thing tho if it is a 10 but project it will not output via the NX.
                Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I have attached a screenshot of my preview menu.

Notice how the top 4 choices are greyed out and how the CTIs are in different places between Boris & Edius. My external monitor shows what is in the Edius window.

I had Boris red 5 installed & working. I downloaded the update. I then unsintalled Red 5 32bit. Then installed the 5.09 update. I did not have the "clear preferences" check boc checked.

I also have the 64-bit stand alone version installed which did not get the update. My version in Edius says 5.09a when I look at "about Boris Red" in the menu.

Thanks for your help. I will contact Boris on Monday.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if the 64bit version would cause a conflict
                    with the 32bit version on the same machine.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Could you post a screen shot of your main settings and preferences within Boris.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Had an all day shoot yesterday. I will call Boris today and report back. Glad to know you guys have it working correctly.

Comment

Spoke with Boris today and they said a patch will be out within a week or so with the complete output package. So sounds like all will be well in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            Spoke with Boris today and they said a patch will be out within a week or so with the complete output package. So sounds like all will be well in a week or so.
                            Sorry Guys
                            The above does not make any sense
                            Some of you already have this available, when I go to Boris Preview "ALL the EXTERNAL Previews are greyed out TOO" as per Basemans clip
                            But Antons shows it available
                            It does not matter if it is used as a stand alone or through Edius I still don't get any preview until I go back to Edius?

Strange some have it some don't, all my Newblue appear straight through Edius!
                            Maybe it is related to the Graphics card?

I was hoping someting other than waiting for "Boris FX" was the problem
                            I have even gone to the downloads section for the Spark card but there are only downloads for Adobe products, Boris is not mentioned
                            All my project settings seem correct 1920x1080 50i, or could it be that Boris output is only "Progressive" which my monitor does not handle? interesting question
                            Regards Barry
                            Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                            GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                            Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                            Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

oops

I may have a later version
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X