Isotope and crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isotope and crashes

I have long avoided adding vst filters after reading the various problems over the years. this week i added them to my XP workstation and applied the audio restore which does a remarkable job of cleaning up some hiss on interviews, but now the timeline seems unstable, and shuts down in the middle of playback, or sometimes when scrubbing. Simply stops. And since Edius is not responding i must restart,

I hate to lose the audio restore function but can't work this way. before i trash them all, thought i'd ask if anyone else has this problem and has it solved...Perhaps i should uninstall all isotope vst filters except the audio restore filter?
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

can you describe the audio file properties?

also, what is the min and max size of the pagefile.sys and which drive is it on?

I had strange problems with certain plugins when I had the pagefile disabled at one stage, so now I set 2GB as min and max on my C: SSD drive and all is well
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

the audio files are standard .wav files.

I guess I don't know how to see the pagefile info you mentioned, nor how to reset it...
      I am going to start by removing all vst files except the audio restore.
      The timeline just stops-hangs---The Task Manager reports "not responding"...It just happened again after rebooting and making (and saving) 5 timeline changes. Unfortunately this is a large project and takes a bothersome amount of time to reboot.
      Yesterday it hung up while outputting to an HQ file for backup.
      Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

to set pagefile, right click computer, properties....
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius6/pagefile.png
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

thanks, Anton...I made the change..will see what happens...
          Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
          284 gb SSD boot drive
          2 TB work disc
          2TB storage disc
          EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

unfortunately, no change. still hanging and non responsive.
            will try again tomorrow.
            Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
            284 gb SSD boot drive
            2 TB work disc
            2TB storage disc
            EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

are there errors in event viewer, applications, as to the cause of the EDIUS crash?

how did you install izotope, was it from EDIUS6 Bonus DVD?
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, Anton, I installed the izotopes from the Edius 6 bonus disc. i uninstalled them and reinstalled. i'll check the event viewer tomorrow if (when) i get a chance to edit and have a hang up.
                thanks for continuing to help.
                Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
                284 gb SSD boot drive
                2 TB work disc
                2TB storage disc
                EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

I managed to get some edits done without crashing..saved OK...Tried to output to an HQ file..hung after 31% completed. No messages in the event viewer after stopping the process ...would it make sense to try and put the page file back to recommended values? or to zero? Or would upgrading to 6.05 make any difference...I prefer updates after projects are completed...but...

Any help greatly appreciated...I hate the thought of removing all the audio restore filters...I put them in on many, many clips that had some background hiss...and used automatic setting, which, as I said, did a great job cleaning up problem areas...Is there an alternative to this filter I might try?
                  Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
                  284 gb SSD boot drive
                  2 TB work disc
                  2TB storage disc
                  EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

Can you try the following?
                    Put in / out over the time line press Shift +Q.

After it is complete
                    Export to HQ.
                    Does it work?
                    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Because of the nature of the edit I have been rendering segments throughout the 40 min piece. So, everything has A Shift Q render on it. Not able to output n HQ and I was unable to burn a DVD from disc-burner either. It stopped at 62% encode...looks like i should remove the audio restore effect from any clips and start rebuilding the sound without this. Any reliable tool to replace this with?

What does "page filing" effect and where should it be normally set for Edius to function well?
                      Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
                      284 gb SSD boot drive
                      2 TB work disc
                      2TB storage disc
                      EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

Just do a new one..shift + Q render. Again put an in and out over the entire timeline and do a shift + Q render.
                        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Try deviding the main timeline in smaller sequence chunks, don't delete the main sequence, just copy n paste and try to render the smaller sequences.
                          You might be able to render all and paste to a new main sequence, or at worst case find the offending clip(s).
                          Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                          EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                          wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

i currently have six sequences on the edit...each small groups clip has been rendered within the sequence. I don't see why rendering would effect this is the audio filter is to blame...
                            I've removed the effect and will see how well it plays without audio restore in use.
                            Hudson Valley, NY

windows 10
                            284 gb SSD boot drive
                            2 TB work disc
                            2TB storage disc
                            EDIUS 9.52.6031

Comment

which version EDIUS do you have now? it shows6.05 in your signature but you asked if upgrading to 6.05 would help

EDIUS6.0, 6.01 and 6.02 were bad

you don't need to delete izotope, just untick in info palette and see if it exports then
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X