Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    The Boris Red $300 upgrade deal came and went. It would be nice if that was offered again for many that missed it.

I can say, that if you are pinching pennies Boris Red is a good choice for an all round FX tool. If they offer the upgrade price again, and you have a previous version of Boris anything, I would jump on it.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by sebazvideo View Post
    Looks interesting, but why do you say I should wait? In that table it shows that it supports Edius.
    Boris FX 9 does not support EDIUS 6, it works with EDIUS 5 only
    http://www.borisfx.com/host/matrix.php#null

Eric

Leave a comment:

• sebazvideo
    replied
    Looks interesting, but why do you say I should wait? In that table it shows that it supports Edius.

Also, does it have any transitions? It seems to have a lot of effects, but no transitions.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    I know what you mean, it may be a "good bang for the buck", but still, it's almost a thousand dollars.
    Maybe, you should wait until Boris FX for EDIUS 6 is ready.
    It is about 300 US$
    if you have an old BorisFX version from a former Canopus (Rex RT) bundle, you will get it for 200 US$.
    FX contains many of RED features, except Graffiti
    http://www.borisfx.com/products/matrix.php

Eric

Leave a comment:

• sebazvideo
    replied
    I know what you mean, it may be a "good bang for the buck", but still, it's almost a thousand dollars, even more expensive than Edius itself. What I'm looking for is something that is no more expensive than Vitascene, but without the hideous interface.

You say that Vitacene gives you real time? It never gave me real time, except maybe in short transitions where the buffer was full, or pressing ****+space bar, but Vitascene is not real time, and I have a rather powerful system with an AMD 1090T where Edius flies. I don't know if it would give you real time if you had a Mac Pro, or similar machine.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Looks nice, but it costs an arm and a leg.
    depending, what you are using.

RED contains:
    Titler
    Chroma Keyer
    Motion Tracker
    Mophing Tool
    Color Grading
    FX Filter
    Transitions

All of them performing high quality

Red combines many features like Vistitle, Vitascene, NewBlue, and AE PlugIns like Knoll LightFactori, Looks etc.
    If you are using a few of this tools, Red is not expensive and you have to learn only one GUI.
    I'm missing only real time capability like Vitascine does.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• sebazvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Boris RED 5.09, but unfortunately no real time
    http://www.borisfx.com/red/Upgrade-Reasons.php

Eric
    Looks nice, but it costs an arm and a leg.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    But do we have any other similar suite of effects that will work natively in Edius, that costs similar and has similar effects? I'm not talking about AE CS4 bridge filters, but filters made for Edius.
    Boris RED 5.09, but unfortunately no real time
    http://www.borisfx.com/red/Upgrade-Reasons.php

Eric

Leave a comment:

• sebazvideo
    started a topic Anything similar to Vitascene?

Anything similar to Vitascene?

I like some of the effects Vitascene has, but I can't stomach the interface. It's just the ugliest computer program I've ever seen, it looks like the first draft of a GUI from Microsoft in 1990. It especially contrasts with Edius, which has a beautiful interface. And its usability is seriously ackward, counter-intuitive and a waste of time. Which is why when I do something I like in it, I save it as a customized effect and then just drag it when I need it, like the Black iris fades, which are better looking than the simple fades in Edius done in the mix area.

But do we have any other similar suite of effects that will work natively in Edius, that costs similar and has similar effects? I'm not talking about AE CS4 bridge filters, but filters made for Edius.
Working...
X