Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius filters to achieve = NewBlueFX Film Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius filters to achieve = NewBlueFX Film Pro?

I love the look that NewBlueFX Film Pro gives footage, but unfortunately it's extremely buggy to the point of pulling your hairs in frustration. Well, maybe not so much but still rather frustrating. And in over a year they have not released an update, they're still on version 1.4.

So I'm doing the intro for a wedding, and applying a customized Film Pro that I saved with my choices, which are pretty simple, Saturation +30, Contrast -80 and Film Gamma 100.

If you are familiar with this filter, what would be the combination of native Edius filters and how would I have to set them up to replicate the same look? I would imagine at least YUV curve and color balance, but although I got close I wasn't able to achieve the same look. It would be great if someone knows how, that would save me from having to use that buggy filter, as well as be able to play in real time.
    Last edited by sebazvideo; 10-26-2011, 12:12 AM.
    My system

Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @3.2 Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper212+
    RAM: GSKILL F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL 16 GB
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
    Video card: HIS Radeon 4850 1GB RAM
    Hard drives: 2 Western Digital Caviar Black Edition (one for OS, one for video), 1 WD Caviar 768 GB
    Optical drives: LG GBW-H20L Blu-Ray recorder, Pioneer DVR-217D DVD recorder, both SATA

If you are familiar with this filter, what would be the combination of native Edius filters and how would I have to set them up to replicate the same look? I would imagine at least YUV curve and color balance, but although I got close I wasn't able to achieve the same look. It would be great if someone knows how, that would save me from having to use that buggy filter, as well as be able to play in real time.
    Is there an example of your settings viewable somewhere to see what you are talking about. I do not know NewBlue FX too well, would not work on E3.62 (but was supposed to at the time)
    peterC
    ---------------------
    Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
    (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
    Edius 9 v3

Comment

Working...
    X