Magic Bullet Looks for Edius Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Bullet Looks for Edius Bridge?

Hi I have MBL 1.4.3 on CS4 on my edit machine. I have seen some posts that say you can access these affects using the AE bridge in Edius but from what I can make out its only for the Beta Bridge for E5? It says that its a compatible plugin on the GV list but not sure if this is still the case?

Has anyone got MBL working in Edius 6? and if so how do I access it? It certainly doesn't show up when I point to the plugins/effects folder in AE..

Denham
    Win7 64bit pro, I7 950 running 3.07 at 4ghz, watercooled. 12 Gb ram, Geforce 460GTX with 1GB GDDR5. External firewire 800 drives. Running E6.06

17" MacBookPro core2duo 2.5 ghz. 4 gig Ram Nvidia graphics Running Win XP pro. Running E6.06

Pentium 4 2.6ghz running storm2 system on Edius 4.6 with 1gig of RAM and XP pro.

If you look at the third party compatibility list for EDIUS 6 it says that Magic bullet looks is compatible with EDIUS 6.

Make sure you point to the magic bullet looks folder and not the to effects folder.

If you have followed these steps and it does not show.
    Right click in the effect pallet and choose return to default.
    Attached Files
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

thanks for the help. The problem seems to be that I can't find the Magic Bullet Looks folder in the after effects Plugins/effects folder. Its nowhere to be seen even though its clearly in AfterEffects and working properly...?

Have tried reinstalling but still no sign of the plugin! :-(

Denham
      Win7 64bit pro, I7 950 running 3.07 at 4ghz, watercooled. 12 Gb ram, Geforce 460GTX with 1GB GDDR5. External firewire 800 drives. Running E6.06

17" MacBookPro core2duo 2.5 ghz. 4 gig Ram Nvidia graphics Running Win XP pro. Running E6.06

Pentium 4 2.6ghz running storm2 system on Edius 4.6 with 1gig of RAM and XP pro.

Comment

Search you pc for MBLOOKS or .aex
        I don't have Ae installed so my path could be different.
        Steve

Comment

Many thanks, found it not in the usual place! It was in adobe common files folder. I now have the plugin in Edius, it has the mask properties and a button for look but this lights when you click it but doesn't actually do anything? I'd imagine another box would pop up with thedifferent looks to choose from... Anyone have any ideas?

DEnham

Comment

There is a big EDIT on top click on it an the looks interface will open.
            Steve

Comment

Yes see it, but its not happening when i click on it. I'll try importing the effect again.

Thanks so much for your quick replies.

Denham

Comment

Strange....
                Steve

Comment

Brilliant! deleted and relinked in Edius settings all working now fine! Wow so pleased!

Just a quick question while you still might be there. I've dropped a look on a DVCAM clip, it only plays if its buffered and then the buffer drops fairly slowly until it drops frames. When I look at the cpu work load its only running at about 27%, only 2-3 threads are really doing anything and no where where near max each. Is there anyway to get more out of the CPU's from Edius as if they were working a bit harder it would definitely be real time! :-)

Denham

Comment

If you use Ae plugs they will not be realtime.
                    What I do is if I am satisfied with my correction or look.
                    I select the clip , press shift+G. (clip render)

You can also select clip + press z and then shift + Q.
                    This puts the render on top track
                    Steve

Comment

Ok, many thanks. Have been trying loads in the last half an hour and most are real time (mainly due to powerful machine), just some looks which are made up of lots of different elements sometime are not real time. Just find it strange that the processors are only work at a fraction of their capacity but I guess thats bcause Edius can't distribute the work load effieciently with third party pluggin..?

Thanks again. This produces some great results with some brilliant grad filters as well!

Denham

Comment

EDIUS 6 and Magic Bullet Looks 2 Video

Just made a short video, showing EDIUS 6.03 with Magic Bullet Looks 2:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5vrmtW-NPs
                        EDIUS certified trainer | DaVinci Resolve certified trainer
                        Video tutorials for video editing and music production (German)

Comment

Thanks for your tutorial Gavin!
                          Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

magic bukket

hi guys . i have magic bullet looks in edius 6 but my problem is i can't open it in timeline . help guys . thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X