No announcement yet.

converting AVCHD to HQf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting of all the unlocked files in the %temp% folder didn't change it for me, unfortunately.

The greyed out file(batch) is pretty random as it can appear at any time.
    I tested by selecting clips manually and at every clip check if the selection is still there.
    Once the last clip added created that caused the grey-out was removed from selection it did not become selectable again.

When clips were selected manually one by one and skipping the offending clip the batch would still be greyed out.

If the offending clip from previous test was selected with one or more clips it did NOT grey-out the selection !

While still wanting to find the issue, I'm now converting clips in batches of 10 & 20's.
    E5.51 + E6.05 / NX HD / Win7 x64 / intel X3366 / 9800 GTX+
    Imaginate 2 / TMPGEnc VMW5 / TMPGEnc AW4 / WaveLab 4.

Comment

I have no further ideas why it is doing that

what is the memory consumption of Edius.exe in taskmanager when this happens?

how long does your project take to load with so many clips in the bin?
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Edius would take 3 to 5 minutes to load when all clips were in 1 folder and took close to 2 GB ram.

I have organized the clips on the HDD better, also in Edius I have sort of followed the HDD structure of 200 clips a folder, now Edius takes slightly over half a gig.

Edius will load in approximate 1 minute, not much longer.
        I have temporarily delete all my sequences and none of the clips are on the timeline.

In only 3 of the 15 folders there are issues with file(batch) loading in the bin.
        I have not found any extra files or hidden files, that should be fine I think.

I might try to copy those 600 files again but not sure if any point doing so.

Is there an app to batch check mp4 file integrity / error detection ?

Thank you so much for your assistance !

Comment

I am not aware of such an app, but if they open in Edius and you can play them, it is a good sign that they are ok because Edius is the first software to vomit if there is a file issue

but by them sitting in the bin, you won't know if they play until you try each one :(
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            but by them sitting in the bin, you won't know if they play until you try each one :(
            I'm still converting but the end is insight.

It won't be that soon before all clips are played, 16+ Hours of footage.
            I will however post in this thread if I find anything to report (or in case of nothing to report), I hate an unsolved mystery, a movie with open end !

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

I personally can't wait for a 64bit version and an assurance that lots of clips won't bog down Edius like it is now, a 5mb project file makes it as slow as molasses, in my case anyway
              Anton Strauss

Comment

With OS's now 64 bit and Edius's main competition now offering 64 bit versions of its software, it beats me as to why the latest version of Edius (released after the competition) was only 32 bit. Cheaper to develop and implement I guess. I really hope that a 64 bit version will be offered sooner rather than later.
                i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                RAM 32 GB.
                ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

I'm not a programmer so can't speak and back it up but the change from XP x86 to win7 x64 is a smooth and pleasant one.
                  If Edius would be x64 I'm sure it would benefit from all the bits & bytes it could shove in the system ram :)

Then again I'm not convinced it would help me with my current problem, I did manage to batch run several batches yesterday of 200 clips at a time with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                    I personally can't wait for a 64bit version and an assurance that lots of clips won't bog down Edius like it is now, a 5mb project file makes it as slow as molasses, in my case anyway
                    I have now placed the 3000+ HQf clips on the time line (in sequences of 200 clips) and it's loading time has increased by minutes.

The MP4 clips (original footage) is becoming close to the boot times from the first PC ever build so you're not alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X