Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius plug-in for semiautomatic HD/Full HD slideshow generation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius plug-in for semiautomatic HD/Full HD slideshow generation ...

Please advice a plug-in or standalone slideshow software integrating well with Edius and having following functionality:

- Automatic adjustment of multiple photos on timeline to the beat of music so that single picture is placed exactly between two adjacent beats of music (essential feature)

- Automatic application of various transitional effects to to all photos on the timeline (essential feature)

- Ability to export HD/Full HD videos (essential feature)

- Automatic equal spacing of multple images so that entire lenght of resulting clip matches total lenght of music composition (desirable feature)

- Automatic application of move and rotation of all pictures on the timeline during display (desirable feature)

- Automatic cut of multiple videos to the beat videos so that video is cut exactly on a beat (desirable feature).

The closesest match to my needs I could find on the NET is Ultimate S Pro for Sony Vegas Pro
    http://store.vasst.com/store/sony-ve...-s-pro-20.aspx
    http://store.vasst.com/store/sony-ve...te-s-lite.aspx

Unfortunately it does not support Vegas Movie Studio - the less expensive version of Vegas :-(

Functionality for dealing with collections of pictures/videos on the timeline would be extreemely usefull in Edius at least to some users ......
    Last edited by strange; 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM. Reason: Corrected link
    1st System: Edius 9, TMPGEnc VMW6 & AW5, ASUS P9X79, Core i7-3930K, Intel SSD 330 180GB, GeForce GTX 570, Corsair Graphite 600T Mid-Tower, Sony Optiarc AD-7280S, 16GB RAM, 12TB , Canopus ADVC-300, 2nd System: Edius 9, HP ZBook 17 G3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM, 512Gb SSD, 1 TB HDD. Cameras: Panasonic DVX200, Fuji X-T3, Sony RX10

Since you are still using 4.61 Imaginate will do a lot of what you want to do from the timeline within Edius. As far as the automated features such as cutting to the beat, it won't do that. You can get it to do preset motions, music and effects.
    Here is the thing, it is no longer supported or sold by GV. If you can find a copy on Ebay or somewhere else it is a very nice program.
    It will work from the timeline in up to and including Edius version 5.51. Edius 6.x dropped support for the .ivp files.

If the Ultimate S program will work as standalone, it looks as if it will do all that you want it to do.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Sounds like you want an auto everything program. We have several of those here. They are called...Editors.
      Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

Comment

Yep and they get paid for doing it. :)
        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

I prefer imaginate with the combination of IVP and realtime performance on the Edius timeline but http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/producer will do what you want, answer a few questions in the wizard and auto pilot it is.

P.s. This app is stand alone and nothing is realtime.
          E5.51 + E6.05 / NX HD / Win7 x64 / intel X3366 / 9800 GTX+
          Imaginate 2 / TMPGEnc VMW5 / TMPGEnc AW4 / WaveLab 4.

Comment

Thank you very much for the hints on Imaginate and ProShow Producer. I will explore both of these tools in detail.

The question for Imaginate is: if it allows for higher resolutions than SD. I’ve seen someone on the Net complaining of not being able to do HD slideshows with Imaginate.

I appreciate the funny answers too, but let me tell you this: I've done a number of slide-shows synchronising photos to a musical composition on Edius 4.61 timeline with no plug-ins at all. I find the process neither particularly skilful nor creative. Things that can be automated they should be automated, or eventually someone else will become more efficient!

In fact according to the spec. Ultimate S Pro for Sony Vegas Pro covers quite well what I need, the question is if something similar is available for Edius. I am not prepared to switch to Sony Vegas Pro for that feature alone.

And by the way if I can get paid relatively well for doing cuts to the beat just let me know :-)
            1st System: Edius 9, TMPGEnc VMW6 & AW5, ASUS P9X79, Core i7-3930K, Intel SSD 330 180GB, GeForce GTX 570, Corsair Graphite 600T Mid-Tower, Sony Optiarc AD-7280S, 16GB RAM, 12TB , Canopus ADVC-300, 2nd System: Edius 9, HP ZBook 17 G3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16GB RAM, 512Gb SSD, 1 TB HDD. Cameras: Panasonic DVX200, Fuji X-T3, Sony RX10

Comment

It just shows other people do not understand how to use the program. It can easily do HD. Just adjust the settings in the project settings of Imaginate.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                It just shows other people do not understand how to use the program. It can easily do HD. Just adjust the settings in the project settings of Imaginate.
                Thanks! It is good to get rid of this misconception before proceeding to trying out the program.

Comment

Originally posted by strange View Post
                  The question for Imaginate is: if it allows for higher resolutions than SD. I’ve seen someone on the Net complaining of not being able to do HD slideshows with Imaginate.
                  Imaginate can outdo HD resolution by 15x

the slide resolution can be 30,000 x 30,000 pixel
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I guess my answer to that is the individual either had a bootleg and could not update the program or the individual had not updated the program. Imaginate 1 would not do HD. Imaginate with SP2 does it quite well.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thank you very much Anton and Jerry for the information.

Imaginate trial ver 2.0 from 2004 available to me did not inspire me enough. I probably will settle with ProShow Producer.

Besides ProShow Producer offers a plug-ing for Lightroom integration that is important for my workflow.

According to Google five years ago people used to compare ProShow with MemoriesOnTV, not so during last year ...

Comment

Working...
                      X