TMPGEnc5 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMPGEnc5 question

i noticed on antons site that using this software to downconvert hd to sd, you make an mpeg file. wouldnt you make an avi and put it on an sd timline to burn to dvd?
    how would i burn the mpg file.
    will both ways get you the same quality?

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
    i noticed on antons site that using this software to downconvert hd to sd, you make an mpeg file. wouldnt you make an avi and put it on an sd timline to burn to dvd?
    how would i burn the mpg file.
    will both ways get you the same quality?
    typically you would not use Edius to make a DVD unless it is for home use or quick preview

there are dedicated authoring tools that can do a great job

you will find that most users of these forums will use any of the following

DVD Lab Pro, Adobe Encore, Sony DVD Architect, Tmpg 4 Authoring Works
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

which one are you using?
      want one that has some nice options for menu screen background wise and ease of use as well as impressive for the client

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
        which one are you using?
        want one that has some nice options for menu screen background wise and ease of use as well as impressive for the client
        I am using DVD Lab Pro for DVD, it allows complex menus and actions

I am using Tmpg 4 Authoring Works for Blu-ray (you can use it for DVD as well, but does not have as many advanced options)

I recommend you try Tmpg 4 Authoring Works first, it has a great simulation tool that allows you to test the whole project prior to compiling and burning
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Agree that Authoring Works 4 is a good product, and if you only want to learn one product for both DVD and BD, it is an excellent choice. At this time it is my product of choice for both DVD and BluRay.

DVD Lab Pro is great for DVD, but future development to include BluRay is unlikely, and cost is substantially higher than AW4.

Encore only comes with Premiere these days (not available as a separate prduct).

Can't speak to Sony's product.

Comment

trying out the authoring works 4. hving trouble having the chapter points show on opening screen. i made them all, but video just starts playing from beginning
            can you not see them in the trial? whats the point?

Comment

Tmpg 4 Authoring Works:

At menu wizzard you choice how Blu-ray or DVD must works. There are diferent options about menus and so. Also clips must be unlinked (settings clip).
              I hope this tip will be a good help.
              Look help file about menus configuration.
              For me this software works great.
              Last edited by MPPais; 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM.
              MPPais

Comment

when I first got it, it took me two days of playing to figure out all the hidden options and custom menus, once you know, it is easy to achieve anything
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X