Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to download AE CS5, but have a 32 bit system???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to download AE CS5, but have a 32 bit system???

Hi folks,

I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question? - anyway:

I'm running Edius on my Windows XP (Media Center Edition) and ordered After Affects. When I tried to download the AE software which arrived today, I got a message saying my computer needed to be 64 bit, and it would not work on my 32 bit system. Forgive me, as I'm "technically challenged"! Can you please advise me as to what I should do and how to do it. BTW, my computer is a:

Dell XPS 720, with Intel Quad CPU
    Q6600 @2.40 GHZ
    2.50 GB of Ram

Sorry, all greek to me! Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
    Mark

You need either Vista 64 or Win 7 64 operating system to run it, XP64 not recommended by many users here
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

So all I need to do it go to the likes of Best Buy and buy Window Vista and then it will work?

Thanks
      Mark
      Mark

Comment

I just installed the full CS5 Production Premium suite, 64bit Premiere, Photoshop, Encore, After effects, ect ect, and put in a Blackmagic card, Premiere Pro 64bit runs very well now with a high end system and heaps of memory, oh yeah and a Quadro FX4800 GPU, very happy so far..

Steve
        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Also be advised that your computer is a bit on the weak side and you may have trouble running some things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            So all I need to do it go to the likes of Best Buy and buy Window Vista and then it will work?

Thanks
            Mark
            First you should start by looking if all the applications you use on your xp system work with Windows 7 or have updates/upgrades to make them compatible.

You should also run the windows 7 upgrade advisor to check if your system is fit for win 7
            http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor
            Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

When I remember correctly, my copy of Production Suite Premium CS5 shipped with the 32Bit versions of Premiere CS4 and AEffects CS4.

Comment

Thanks for that link Steve, I'll check it out!

Mark
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X