Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius HD to SD good-TMPGENC5 no sound

Hi all,
    I have just invested in TMPGENC5 for HD to SD conversion. My project has music on it (PCM format) and using Edius "burn disc" produces a working DVD. However, following Anton's excellent instruction to the letter I cannot produce a conversion which will play the soundtrack. I know it must be a setting but I have tried most things that make sense. I am visiting my customer tomorrow and can take the Edius version, but I was keen to show the highest SD quality possible via TMPGENC5 . ANy suggestions??
    Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

my tutorial shows the creation of elementary streams, so the audio is an extra file

if your authoring software does not support ES (shoot it and put it out of its misery), then you have to switch the option to PS (program stream)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton, there as always! The issue is that having output my file as Edius HQ fine (which plays back perfectly ) once I take this into T5 as per the tutorial (I haven't carried out any authoring ) there is no sound, I have tried to play it on WMP and powerdv8, neither of which play the soundtrack. So I will try your recommendation right now and report back. Thanks for the rapid response.
      Rod
      Rod Pike

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

Anton, that's it- clicking system (video+audio) rather than Elementary (video+audio) I get sound and video-

AAAAARRGH! I've just grasped what you said about authoring- I have been trying to play the TMPGENC movie clip in WMP and DV8 expecting to hear the soundtrack! I need to author these to a DVD first I guess. ( I can see the AC3 audio clip so I know it is there, although I can't play it in isolation)

So, as an aside, is there a way to play the elementary stream (A+V) without burning, and why would you use this rather than the "system(A+V)" setting which gives you both?
        Rod Pike

Comment

Anton, don't grace my stupid question with an answer- All I have to do is select both files and click play!! mental roadblock because I was dealing with new software- what a pillock! thanks for your help as always- I think I will pour myself a glass of vino before donning the sackcloth and ashes stupid award!!
          Rod Pike

Comment

Originally posted by rodpike View Post
            Anton, don't grace my stupid question with an answer- All I have to do is select both files and click play!! mental roadblock because I was dealing with new software- what a pillock! thanks for your help as always- I think I will pour myself a glass of vino before donning the sackcloth and ashes stupid award!!
            would that be vino from the NZ Marlborough region
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

right on! and I reckon you should be up for a bottle or six for the support you give to the rest of us!
              Rod Pike

Comment

There are two kinds of output in general that TMPGENC (4 or 5) can produce - and also for most converters as well -

a) Elementary stream (which consists of TWO separate files - one video only and the other is the audio)

b) Program stream (which multiplexes the video with the audio - so you get only one file).

The purpose of doing the Elementary Stream is to avoid having the DVD / Blu-Ray / VideoCD authoring program to de-multiplex the video and audio in order to produce a VOB that is compatible with DVD (in this example) players.

So - if you ask TMPGENC5 to output an Elementary Stream - you save your authoring program time to undo what the TMPGENC5 would have done IF it were to produce a Program Stream for that authoring program.
                TingSern
                --------------------------------------
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

thanks T, for the very clear explanation. Much appreciated.
                  Rod Pike

Comment

You are welcomed :-)
                    TingSern
                    --------------------------------------
                    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
                    X