Vistitle Dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistitle Dongle

Vistitle dongle lights up without even turning pc on , whilst all the others Edius and procoder are off
    The mains only are on. Is this likley to reduce dongle life. I dont really want to start disconnecting the dongle every time untill the pc is on and vistitle is in use unless i have to . It could be expensive to replace as the carriage from China is high if Videostar only use Fedex , its so unusual
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Both my Edius and Vistitle dongles turn off at power off.
    EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
    EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Whether the dongle lights up could depend on where it is plugged in. On most computers the USB ports will not have any power when the system is turned off (some can be configured to keep them powered to allow the charging of phones etc.), whereas a dongle plugged into a powered USB hub or monitor would most likely still get power.

Comment

I have one dongle (audio app) that is more than 10 year old, has been reprogrammed with updates a few times and runs almost day & night.
        The internal led indication light is still on after soo many years, but I asume that it's functioning is not vital to the electronic key inside.
        Indeed FedEx to china is very costly, i had a dongle exchange for E5 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
          Whether the dongle lights up could depend on where it is plugged in. On most computers the USB ports will not have any power when the system is turned off (some can be configured to keep them powered to allow the charging of phones etc.), whereas a dongle plugged into a powered USB hub or monitor would most likely still get power.
          It is a powered Belkin 7port hub but the powers supply is not connected so i guess its powering then from the PC which is connected to the mains but pc is off, allother dongles remain off buntil switch on
          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
          Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Working...
          X