• Show
Clear All

• pjsssss
    replied
    Yes, it is EDIUS 6 only.

Leave a comment:

• OneQuickSix
    replied
    Thanks, I thought that was probably the case based on the newsletter announcement, but one can always hope. I have Edius 6, but I still use 4.6 on my Storm machine quite a bit and it would be nice to use it on it as well.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Since it is based on the EDIUS 6 SDK most likely you would need EDIUS 6.

Leave a comment:

• OneQuickSix
    replied
    Is this going to be Edius 6 ONLY, or will it work with prior version of Edius as well (ala Mercalli -- works with 4.x even). I checked their web site, but could not find sys. requirements.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    If thye would just not make me work so much ;-)

I am hoping to get over there tomorrow during lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    It's offical!

Got the news about Plural Eyes for E6 from Singular today...
    Pat, I expect a full report from NAB ASAP!

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I talked to Bruce there and he said there was no public Beta yet but that they would be showing it in some form at NAB with EDIUS. I will try And check it out there and report back.

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Yes, its true... I have been advocating its development for over a year. My last response from Singular was that we will see it during the first half of 2011.

So that means we are within weeks of seeing Plural Eyes for Edius.

This will be a game changer for the DSLR crowd!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    For those keeping tabs, there is a version of PluralEyes currently in Beta for Edius 6. (heard directly from Singular support)

It's probably a good idea to sign up for the newsletter here...
    http://www.singularsoftware.com/newsletters.html

Leave a comment:

• kruzer
    replied
    [QUOTE=Fran Guidry;119849]
    Originally posted by kruzer View Post

I love the idea of getting "time code" from the display on your iPod, but I'm surprised that you point to the H2/H4 as a reliable "master clock." I've noticed a fair amount of random drift in the H2, sometimes a noticeable drift within three minutes or so (one short song).

http://zoomforum.us/viewtopic.php?f=...5b44936b939244

Fran
    I have recorded 60 minutes on each camera and no more than 2-5 frames are off in 60 minutes with the Zoom H-2 master recorder.
    I think you may have some other issues going on with the H-2 or the cam combination? Using two H-2 and both are just perfect as can be.
    Your H2 may be faulty?

EDIT:

The above statement is not complete, I was in a hurry.
    "perfect" was incorrect to use but hey, it's close enough for what I do with music videos :)
    There are time when the sync issue is bad but not that difficult to find the audio match. The clock in iPod may not be as accurate as well, so there are multiple problems with sync.

I went to FM transmitter to each camera and that solved everything for me. They all have same sound but it does have a slight delay due to transmission and camera sync.
    Not a big deal to move the sound track a few frames forward then all is OK.
    Last edited by kruzer; 08-16-2010, 07:16 AM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• Watermoore
    replied
    Originally posted by iibw View Post
    It's also possible to clap an end marker at the end of the shoot. It's not as distracting this way.
    it is also possible to just use a loud key event like the audience after the first kiss. I use the zoom h4n and two shotguns into that. Plus feed the grooms wireless lav into my camera with a shotgun atop that for safety lol. I only use the zoom H4n for Ceremony and to capture the Toasts. The reception I just use the onboard audio from my camera (mainly the grooms feed) and MP3's of the song the DJ plays. I dont think Plural eyes or Dual eyes would help much for weddings. A Narrative piece shot on the 7d or 5dMk2 I could see it being helpful

Leave a comment:

• Fran Guidry
    replied
    [QUOTE=kruzer;119783]
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    I don't need to sync my audio - because I use a old fashion method - a clapper board. QUOTE]

Yeah.... and it works real well :)
    I use my iPod timer. Start the timer with the sound recorder at the same time.
    Then I can show any of my 4 cams the running time. In timeline I just pull all the clips to their time shown on timer from each camera.

It does take a little time to fine tune it to a frame but that not a big issue.
    A clapper (I have one too) works only if all cameras looking the same place and able to hear it. Some of my cams are 100Ft away and don't work in that distance. So, the running time with my iPod solved all my problems of sync.

Yea, I wanted the software as well, but in the meantime this method works just fine and anyone can do it. The key is to have a digital recorder for the master... like a ZOOM H-2 or H4 it's cheap and reliable.
    I love the idea of getting "time code" from the display on your iPod, but I'm surprised that you point to the H2/H4 as a reliable "master clock." I've noticed a fair amount of random drift in the H2, sometimes a noticeable drift within three minutes or so (one short song).

http://zoomforum.us/viewtopic.php?f=...5b44936b939244

Fran
    Last edited by Fran Guidry; 07-20-2010, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kruzer
    replied
    Phillip..... see my solution for sync above without the clapper

Leave a comment:

• kruzer
    replied
    [QUOTE=tingsern;116947]I don't need to sync my audio - because I use a old fashion method - a clapper board. QUOTE]

Yeah.... and it works real well :)
    I use my iPod timer. Start the timer with the sound recorder at the same time.
    Then I can show any of my 4 cams the running time. In timeline I just pull all the clips to their time shown on timer from each camera.

It does take a little time to fine tune it to a frame but that not a big issue.
    A clapper (I have one too) works only if all cameras looking the same place and able to hear it. Some of my cams are 100Ft away and don't work in that distance. So, the running time with my iPod solved all my problems of sync.

Yea, I wanted the software as well, but in the meantime this method works just fine and anyone can do it. The key is to have a digital recorder for the master... like a ZOOM H-2 or H4 it's cheap and reliable.

Leave a comment:

• iibw
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    I can't really see pulling a clapper board out at a wedding just before people come walking in to create a sync point. That would be kind of destracting. :-0
    It's also possible to clap an end marker at the end of the shoot. It's not as distracting this way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X