No announcement yet.

P Pro CS5 can't read /edius HQ clips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbruegg
    any news on the hq codec with cs5? i really hope there will be a solution soon!

thomas
    Same. I have over 80hrs of footage in Canopus HQ codec from way back when. Now I need to trim it edit it and keep what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by apetrik
      Same. I have over 80hrs of footage in Canopus HQ codec from way back when. Now I need to trim it edit it and keep what I need.
      why not use Edius for this? Should save you waiting... Just an obscure idea that popped into my head :)

Comment

We will find out after 10th whether EDIUS 6 will change this, but if it doesn't you will have to use EDIUS to convert the footage to standard formats. For HD I would choose AVCHD or HDV depending on how it started life.
        If the footage is DV footage (ie capture via firewire in EDIUS but save as Canopus DV and not Micrsoft DV) then there is a program called DVDATE which will easily let you change the codec without remaking the footage.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

64-bit applications needs a 32-bit codec bridge or handler to read & write encoded files using codecs without native 64-bit support.

If you are a little bit experienced in using AVISynth you can load any codec in AE & Premiere CS5!

1. install AVISynth from http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/

2. install AVFS (AVISynth Virtual File System) together with the Pismo File Mount Audit Package driver

Some of the scenarios where AVFS is useful include:

- Serving data from 32 bit Avisynth and plugins to 64 bit
          encoders and media players.
          - Serving data through file shares to remote systems, potentially
          running non Windows operating systems.
          - Breaking complex scripts into stages that can be run concurrently
          on multiple systems.
          - Serving data to encoders or players that do not support
          VFW or DirectShow.
          Pismo File Mount Audit Package download link:
          Mount and access the contents of ZIP ISO CISO (Compact ISO) CFS (Compact File Set) and PFO (Private Folder) files from any application.

AVFS download link:

3. create a short *.avs script in your AVI's file directory

AVISource("path\to\your\file.avi")
          4. right click in Windows explorer on "your_AVI.avs" --> choose "Quick Mount"

5. drag the AVI-file from the resulting virtual folder which named "your_AVI.avs" to the video application of your choice!

I really know, it's just a workaround, but without the need to create intermediate files. So it works for me until Canopus codec will be available as 64-bit version. I hope someone will give it a try. It speeds up my personal workflow with Canopus files together with other applications & now I could load AVISynth scripts in the same way in EDIUS.
          Last edited by Andreas_Gumm; 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM.
          Andreas Gumm
          post production / authoring
          PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
          ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
          Windows 7 Ultimate,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
          GV hardware: 3G Storm
          software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
          PC 2
          Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
          Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
          GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0