No announcement yet.

P Pro CS5 can't read /edius HQ clips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P Pro CS5 can't read /edius HQ clips

Just tired to load an Edius 5.5 HQ clip in Premiere Pro CS5. Sound with no video is what I get. And the same with AE CS5.
    Apparently the Adobe products will not recognize the Edius HQ codec.

Both E 5.5 and CS5 are on the same machine. Can this be fixed?

This is known and they are looking at it right now :)

Comment

They??Are they the same as them:) or Everybody?
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

just curious:

the OS is...?
        Paranova Films
        Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

Originally posted by Paranova Films
          just curious:

the OS is...?
          I would imagine the OS is irrelevant. I am led to believe that it is because both AECS5 and PProCS5 are 64bit ONLY: therefore all codecs and third-party plugins must also be 64bit apparently. Some thrid-party plugins have been released as 64bit versions to work with CS5, e.g. some but not all Boris FX and MB Looks for instance.

I hope if "they" are looking at the Canopus HQ codec "they" might look at a Mac OSX decoder/player to make it cross platform.

That "they" are looking at it is good news though.

BTW, where does that leave h.264 and mpeg2 out of interest? Do they import?
          Mac Pro (mid-2010) 2.8GHz quad Xeon, Ati 5770 graphics card, 12gb ram 4 x 1TB HDD plus external eSata
          MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2.3GHz Nvidia 650M, 512 SSD, 16GB Ram external HDD on USB3 and thunderbolt.

Comment

The codecs don't have to be 64-bit, Adobe simply chose not to support 32-bit codecs. From a technical perspective, there's no reason why they couldn't have make it work.

Comment

I hope someone fixes it, it would help me quite a bit. I am not holding my breath though.
              Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Yes, the OS would have to be 64 bit because CS5 only supports 64 bits.
                From Adobe's FAQ:

Does Adobe Premiere Pro still support 32-bit operating systems?
                Virtually all Intel® based Mac computers support 64 bit. Adobe Premiere Pro does not support 32-bit Windows systems with CS5 because offering only 64-bit support enables Adobe to optimize performance significantly and take full advantage of the performance benefits of 64-bit support.

If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows and purchased a Windows copy of CS5 Master Collection or CS5 Production Premium, Adobe has included a complimentary copy of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 for you to use until you upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows Vista® or Windows 7.

If you are using a 32-bit operating system and purchased a standalone version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, you will have to upgrade your operating system to a 64-bit version of the Mac OS or Windows Vista/Windows 7.
                Jeff Chandler
                High School Broadcast Adviser
                Freelance videographer & editor

Comment

Sorry, I meant irrelevant whether it was Vista 64 or Windows 7 64 in their various flavours.
                  Mac Pro (mid-2010) 2.8GHz quad Xeon, Ati 5770 graphics card, 12gb ram 4 x 1TB HDD plus external eSata
                  MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2.3GHz Nvidia 650M, 512 SSD, 16GB Ram external HDD on USB3 and thunderbolt.

Comment

Originally posted by jonsol07
                    Just tired to load an Edius 5.5 HQ clip in Premiere Pro CS5. Sound with no video is what I get. And the same with AE CS5.
                    Apparently the Adobe products will not recognize the Edius HQ codec.

Both E 5.5 and CS5 are on the same machine. Can this be fixed?
                    Export to uncompressed. That should work.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, 2 TB WD 850x NVME, 1TB Samsung SSD, 12TB Raid 0, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, , Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

CS5 under OS X still supports 32bit QuickTime codecs...because Adobe runs a 32bit handler in the background to access 32bit codecs.

Too bad the Windows version doesn't have this.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff
                        The codecs don't have to be 64-bit, Adobe simply chose not to support 32-bit codecs. From a technical perspective, there's no reason why they couldn't have make it work.
                        Originally posted by STORMDAVE
                        CS5 under OS X still supports 32bit QuickTime codecs...because Adobe runs a 32bit handler in the background to access 32bit codecs. Too bad the Windows version doesn't have this.
                        Interesting development in the War of the "A" Corporations.
                        Rusty Rogers | Films
                        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

RE Quicktime this does work under windows as well as Mac os. Obviously Adobe had to write support for Quicktime since so many people use it. Its really just non-64 bit codec AVI files it does not work with, and of the ones I have tried Canopus is the only one that is not right now.
                          It works with uncompressed, variations of MPEG and H264, P2 etc.. I tried Canopus lossless and that did not work either.
                          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Cineform Neo Scene is supported and has 64bit support for their codec - for those needing a solution, it's the only one that is supported right now - used it in Vegas Pro 9 64bit before moving to Edius Neo 2. Brought my clips into Neo 2 and they were seen without issue. I know it's not a native Edius solution, but it does bridge the gap so speak.

I'm hoping the people at Grass Valley are working on their own 64bit announcement with Edius 6 - along with10 bit color space and full support of AE Plugin support would be killer IMO - just sayin.
                            Cliff Etzel
                            Micro Documentary Filmmaker
                            bluprojekt | SoloVJ (blog)
                            --------
                            Desktop: OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Q9400 | Mobo: Intel DG33TL | 8GB G.Skill Dual Channel RAM | Boot/Apps: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Audio: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Source: WD Black 2x750GB Raid 0 (1.5TB) | Graphics: nVidia GT-220 1GB DDR

Laptop: Dell Latitude D620 | C2D 2.0Ghz | 4GB G.Skill RAM | OS: Vista x64 | Primary HD: WD 320GB 7200RPM | Video HD: WD 250GB 5400RPM

Comment

any news on the hq codec with cs5? i really hope there will be a solution soon!

thomas

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎