Vistitler at NAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistitler at NAB

I had a chance to stop by and say hi to the Vistitle guys at NAB today. They are demoing a new version (v1.2) and they have added a few things that look really cool. Also learned a few things just setting down with them. They are in the Central Hall lower floor in an area called Beijing Pavalion. Brightcast is on some of their signs.

I asked if they can make a few tutorials to post on the forum. So hopefully after NAB will see a few.
    Last edited by pjsssss; 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM.

Any word on when the v1.02 will be passed on to the users. What are the new things added?
    Mike Trewhella
    Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

VisTitle 1.2

In NAB, we will demo VisTitle 1.2 version (not 1.02, :) ), the main new features is:
      1) New object will be added, such as Clock, Number, Timecode
      2) New object -- paint stroke, just use mouse to paint a shape, and we will use minizie bezier vertex to simulate this paint stroke shape.
      3) Text object will be play by char (or line) with random, older version only support a fixed frequency

In addition, Paint stroke animation object, which will be used to follow a route, simulate a handwriting, etc. Karaok object, which is used to create karaok titles. Those new object is designed with a new plugin architecture, but those feature maybe not released with Ver 1.2

I will be NAB to show these feature to all users, welcome to C9548 to visit us.
      Although my spoking english is not very well, but I hope I can demo new features to you with myself in that booth.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks VX Chen. When is v1.2 available?
        Mike Trewhella
        Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

Please, please please audio support, or import of Edius clip marker list!!

Alan (in the UK, a very satisfied v1.1 user)
          Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Audio support in a titler? That is a bit much.

Comment

Persistnat problem of mine lining up the timing of complex text builds. And I know it's a bit of an ask!

I'm currently using Edius marker timecode duration but it's a real PIA. Any workflow suggestions gratefully accepted.

I've been using Motion projects in FCP until my Edius conversion.

Alan
              Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Originally posted by alanlacey View Post
                Persistnat problem of mine lining up the timing of complex text builds. And I know it's a bit of an ask!

I'm currently using Edius marker timecode duration but it's a real PIA. Any workflow suggestions gratefully accepted.

I've been using Motion projects in FCP until my Edius conversion.

Alan

there is a far easier solution

add one frame of color bars to a higher track in the timeline where an audio change takes place, you will see this color bar as you scrub in the titler
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Great idea Anton, I didn't think of that.

Thanks

Alan
                  Alan.

Comment

Anyone knows Vistitler has special deal at NAB ?
                    Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
                    Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
                    Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

I think there is/was a deal for $299. I don't know if this ends today or goes on a bit. This is a great deal. George Dame is the US Distributor, so if you are remotely interested you should contact George today. www.edithd.com He may be on a plane traveling home today, so at least leave an email or phone message.

Also, I talked to the head engineer for VisTitle and they are going to put a series of short tutorials on the forum after they get back home from NAB. I learned several new things just by sitting down with him for about 30 minutes. They have several new features in 1.2 that should be out soon and I know they were talking about adding an unbelievable amount of things to it int he future. If you are not on the VisTitle band wagon, this is the perfect time to do and save about $80. I have yet to hear of a person that was unhappy with it after they bought it. Pretty remarkable.

Comment

I just talked to George May 7. I purchased for $399.00 shipping and paypal charge included. You snoozzzzzzzze , you loossssssse
                        Mule
                        EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
                        4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
                        Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

Working...
                        X