• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imginate 2

Is it Vista 64 friendly?

Alan
    Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

not sure

works fine in Win7 64
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by alanlacey View Post
      Is it Vista 64 friendly?

Alan
      Yep it works fine in Vista 64bit, and as Anton says windows 7 64bit.

Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Is it a quicker easier way for handling stills stuff inside Edius than having to round trip to AE

Alan
        Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Much quicker. Thee is an update to Imaginate 2 in the registered users setion

Comment

I'd have to buy it. But I've also seen good reviews of a package called DigiRostrum. Okay it's not an Edius plugin but has very impressive reviews and is half the price.

Alan
            Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by alanlacey View Post
              I'd have to buy it. But I've also seen good reviews of a package called DigiRostrum. Okay it's not an Edius plugin but has very impressive reviews and is half the price.

Alan
              and you will need to render

whereas, with IM2 you render nothing, you simply save the project, takes 1 sec and then open the project in the Edius bin and stretch it to any length on the timeline and causes 0 quality loss compared to other solutions
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Is there a demo version of Imaginate 2.0 anywhere? I've looked but can't find. Before I bought Edius I downloaded the demo... I liked... I bought...Simples!!!

Can the same be done with Imaginate?

Thanks

Mark
                Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

I don't think so as it is a discontinued product now.

Steve
                  Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Anton. I'll go with Imaginate 2 for the reasons you propose.

From my restricted trials of the Digirostrum sw it looks like it has issues with HD and 64bit versions of windows.

Alan
                    Alan.

Comment

Shame! It looks like there's no trial version of Imaginate 2 to try.

I've come across a retailer in the uk that advertises that the Imaginate 2 upgrade is either for Imaginate 1 upgrade or intall for Edius users. Has anyone come across this?

Alan
                      Alan.

Comment

Try DVC; they appear to offer it for £129 ex VAT.
                        See here:
                        http://www.dvc.uk.com/acatalog/Effects_programs.html
                        DVC laptop: W870CU i7; 17.3" 1920x1080; 2x 1TB 7200rpm SATA notebook drives; Edius 8.5WG; Windows 7.

Comment

Arrrgh! DVC imply that it's not fully Edius 5 friendly.

Any problems with Imaginate and E5.1 anyone?

Alan
                          Alan.

Comment

I don't understand that one. Edius works fine with Imaginate. They were made to work together.
                            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

As long as the latest patch is installed, downloadable in the registred user section, I myself and lots of other users can vough that the IVP project file from imaginate 2.x works great and realtime in edius 5.12
                              Rendering out a avi file is not the correct way to go here.
                              There is 1 small problem, if you want to call it a problem, and that is that you have to manually change the lenght of the project on the Edius timeline to match the lenght created in Imaginate, not sure why, but that's the way if is.
                              Fast to make a project, resulting in great end quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X